Sunday, November 05, 2006

Birthday's 'n Things...

So on Friday my mom turned 46, and since we couldn't all make it over to her place on Friday, we're all going there for supper tonight. We have this tradition in our family, that the person with the birthday gets to request a favorite meal to be made. So, this year us girls (Heather, Liane, and I) are making Canneloni for my mom. I'm excited!! Also, I thought she should have a special birthday cake, so I made this:




Yummy! A chocolate truffle cheesecake! I hope it will be good, and that mom won't read this post before supper! (It's supposed to be a surprise)

Lately whenever I'm working on something in the kitchen, Rowan dissapears into the living room. Sometimes I get a little curious, as to what he does in there, and when I peek around the corner, I usually find him 'reading' a book. The other day he was reading a book to Daddy. It was so cute! I can't keep the books on the shelf, as soon as I put them there, he takes them all off!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm... that cheesecake looks amazing! Enjoy the party!

aunt Monika said...

If that cake tastes half as good as it looks, send me the recipe. I'd like to try it - or maybe my girls will make it for my 46th birthday??? :)

Jobina said...

That cake is unbelievable!!! Thank goodness my kids have been filling me up with halloween chocolate or I might have tried eating my computer!
Yay for kids who loves books too! It gets a little tedious reading the same books over and over to them, but I'll take it anyday over hours of tv watching. Keep reading Rowan!

Aunt Sheila said...

The cake was delicious! And I do want the recipe. Do you think my boys could make that for my 35th?!

Mom (Sara) said...

It was a fabulous melt-in-your mouth truffle cheesecake!! Thank you Stacey for making me feel so special.
Sheila, maybe Ken would be a better candidate for baking...for now :)

Mom said...

I have to add....the canneloni and herb/cheese twist rolls were also delicious!! Thanks to ALL my kids for a great birthday meal :)

Adam, Susanna, and Baby Addison said...

AWESOME wedding ideas- thanks so much! We will have to talk at NBI.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Keith will make you a birthday cake just like that one for your big day.
Have a great 23rd on Monday:)
Luv ya - uncle Dave, aunt Kathy, boys