Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas # 3

We finally remembered our camera! Actually, Keith had to run home and get it, but fortunately we just live down the street from my parents!

So, yes, it was the Thiessen gathering this time, with just my siblings and parents. We got together on Christmas Eve, after spending the morning in Church. Speaking of Church, our family was on for special number, so we sang a song by Third Day about how at Christmas we miss family that isn't around. It was such a touching song, that of course I choked up halfway through! I did make it to the end of the song, but looking around at all of the special friends we have in church, I realized how many of them were missing family this Christmas. I feel so blessed to see almost all of my family this year. It's such a special time to share together.

Anyway, we had a HUGE turkey dinner at mom & dad's, and then spent the afternoon relaxing. For supper we had the traditional PIZZA!!! That's something we all look forward to. Mom and Heather made some incredible food!!

Before we opened our gifts, we all shared about the past year, and what we are thankful for. It just really hit me how blessed I am to have a great family, who all love and care about eachother. I really need to share that with others I think.

Okay, so it's not letting me load my pics... I'll try again later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey,
I've only been a part of the Thiessen family for 1 1/2 years. But they are very special to me too and I feel VERY blessed

- Liane