Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Growing With Mom

 Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I was so excited to go back to this group that I used to go to.  It's called growing with mom, and it's kind of like a support group I guess.  It was designed to educate pregnant women and women with babies under the age of one year on nutrition and how to take care of babies.  I know that I'm not really in need of all the info really anymore, but it's a great place to meet other moms, and learn some new healthy recipes.  We meet twice a month, on Tuesday mornings from 10:30 - 1:00.  We all get together to make the meal, and there's often a public health nurse, or some other professional health care worker who talks about different topics, and answers any questions.  They usually have a scale there to weigh babies, and it's just a generally really positive place to be.  The extra bonus for mom's who are pregnant, or who have a baby under six months, is coupons for 8 litres of FREE milk, to redeem at any grocery store.  So, twice a month, I get 8 litres worth of coupons for free milk!  Pretty sweet if you ask me.  

I would encourage anyone out there who is pregnant or has a young baby to join a group like this.  It's free, and full of useful information and support.  Anyone in the Winkler or Morden areas could join this group.  Oh yeah, they also have childcare, or you can have your other children stay with you.

4 comments:

Walter & Mel said...

Where is this and who do I talk to in order to join?

Stacey said...

Hi Mel! Growing with mom is at the Grace Church in Winkler. The next time we get together is in two weeks from today, on the 30th. We meet from 10:30 to 1:00. All you have to do is show up, and then they get you to sign in so they have your address to mail you the calendar and stuff. If you can't make it in two weeks, let me know, and I'll get back to you as far as when the next meeting is. I'd love to meet you there!

Walter & Mel said...

We'll see what the next two weeks holds - I may not be up to going anywhere for the first little while when baby arrives. We'll see. Thanks for the info. I'll get back to you when it gets closer to that time. I find it lonesome as a stay-at-home mom, so it would be great to get together with other moms and "talk shop".

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey!
Just this week, we started discussing prenatal development, infants, etc. in our class Growth & Development. Very interesting!! I though alot about you, and I'm hoping everything is going well!
Love,
Alyssa