Monday, January 15, 2007

What I've Been Learning..

So, lately I've been thinking a lot about life, and where I'm at, and I've decided to make some changes.  I'm not a normally negative person, but I do tend to not be able to get past certain negative feelings in my life.  I've been talking with my mom a bit, and praying about my life, and I really feel like it's time to start living a more positive life.  
God wants our lives to be filled with joy, and when I focus on how aweful an experience was or how my life has changed in the past few years, I forget to thank God for the GOOD things.  I have been so blessed with a great husband a cute little boy, and a coming baby.  I have a house that is big enough for our growing family, I have two wonderful sets of parents who love and support me, and I know that God continues to bless me.

My goal is to speak positively, and to not dwell on fear or negativity.  I want to love others more, and to serve God better.  Please pray for me as I don't always remember the good things.  It's a constant climb to joy!


As for the day to day things in my life right now:

Keith has been working hard on tiling the backsplash in our kitchen.  I LOVE how it looks already, and it's not even finished!  I wanted to bring some more colour into the kitchen, other than yellow!  Next job is the painting...

Rowan is such good eater right now!  He doesn't like to try new things, but once I force the first spoon full, he usually loves whatever it is!  His favorite things right now are Veggie Tales videos, books, his Mr. Potato Head, and my swiffer!  He is of course getting into all the things he shouldn't, and I tend to lose my patience pretty quickly, but I guess that's what little boys do!

Baby is still growing, and I'm starting to feel a wee little bit better.  I can't complain too much, because I know of people who feel much worse for much longer!  I just want to be able to eat vegetables and onions and garlic without it tasting bitter.  I'd also like to brush my teeth without gagging, and to sleep through the night, except for that inevitable bathroom trip!  I am definately blessed with a very easy pregnancy so far though.


One last thing.  Does anyone know of someone with an older truck for sale?  Keith is hoping to buy one so that I  can have a vehicle during the day.  It's hard sometimes, trying to coordinate everything from grocery shopping to Mom's morning at church.  I think he's looking for something early 90's, and not a Ford or Dodge!!

Have a great day everyone!



4 comments:

Aunt Sheila said...

Talk to Ken, he says they one truck for sure, maybe more for sale.

Walter & Mel said...

Thanks for reminding me to thank God for all He's given me. It's so easy to take Him and His blessings for granted.

Ellen said...

way to go.. it takes a lot of guts to admit that to yourself and even more to others! all too often i find myself in the same situation.. all negative on one little thing, forgetting to remember all the good blessings.. thanks for the honesty!

Andrea said...

I agree too! I think often that I should think more about all the blessing and wonderful people and things God has blessed me with! It is tough though sometimes when things seem to be going wrong or not the way we thought they would...but still! We have it way better than most people!:)