Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day...

For those of you who don't know, Keith and I got engaged
on February 14, 2003, so Valentine's Day is extra special
for us!  I know some people might think that's kind of cheesy,
but we think it's great!  Why not make a day about love even
more about love!

Today I was determined to make our day special, even though
 we won't be together this evening.  I made lasagna, caesar
salad, garlic & cheese filled French bread (from scratch!),
and strawberry pie for dessert.  I also wanted the table to
look special, so I put out some pictures of Keith and me from
our dating days, a wedding picture, and some candles.  

We enjoyed our short time together very much, and it felt really
good to do something special for Keith!  He's such a great guy,
and he works so hard, I sometimes feel guilty that I'm at home
all the time, and not out working.

I hope you all enjoyed your day very much, and did something
special for the one you love most!








7 comments:

Ellen said...

that's very sweet of you.. looks like you had a good evening.. how come keith wasn't home very long? or did he just get home late from work? either way what guy doesn't like some good home made cooking :)

Jay said...

The table setting looks great! Very cool idea. Glad you managed to get in a little Valentine time!

Jay Boaz

Travis said...

Very sweet... & I don't think its cheesey at all.

Stacey said...

~Ellen
Keith and I go to Bible Classes at church, which is kind of like Bible School, just more in depth. Because it was Valentine's Day, we couldn't find a babysitter, so I stayed home with Rowan. It kind of sucked that it was on Valentine's Day, but hey, that's how it goes sometimes!

~Jay
Thanks! That's quite the complement coming from 'Mr. Olive Garden'!

~Travis
Thank you!

mom said...

Stacey ~ don't EVER feel guilty for being at home raising Rowan - he's too precious to leave for others to raise. And besides, what man wouldn't love his wife to be at home when he can see what a wonderful mother she is, and still has time to give him this kind of attention!! :) Good on you Stacey, you've made me/us proud.

Aunt Sheila said...

I totally agree with your mom!
I couldn't of let somebody else raise my kids either.
You are doing the most important job ever, and please don't let yourself have those feelings of guilt. I admit sometimes I feel that way now, but only because all of my boys are in school.
Enjoy the time you have with Rowan, and the upcoming baby, the time goes by far too fast!

DavenHeather said...

umm wow the garlic bread stuffed with cheese looks amazing!!!! i like that you were engaged on vday.. very sweet.