Tuesday, March 06, 2007

One BAD night!

Okay, first of all, to any of you with a newborn, or kids who do not normally sleep well, I apologize for what I am about to complain about!  I have been very spoiled with a boy who normally sleeps through the night.

Anyway, last night was one I do not care to repeat any time soon!  Rowan went to sleep fine, no crying, no whining, nothing.  Keith and I went to bed early, so we both felt like this was going to be a good night to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Fast forward to 3 am.  Rowan is crying.  So, like I usually do when he cries, I went into his room to see what he needed.  He didn't seem to want anything, just to get out of bed.  So I told him that mommy was going back to sleep, and he needed to stop crying.  This usually works.  Not this time!  About 10 minutes later he's crying again.  I went in again, and this time gave him a big hug and some water.  Then I showed him that it was all dark in the house, and mommy and daddy were sleeping.  He went back in his bed and was quiet for a few minutes.  Then the crying started again!  This time Keith went in.  He went in again about 10 minutes later.  Now I thought for sure we'd be able to sleep.  It was already 4 am.

Well, what do you know, he starts crying again at 4:30!  This time I went in and rocked him and sang songs until he fell asleep... half an hour later!  I went to bed thinking I would probably get to sleep in because Rowan would be so tired from being up for 2 hours.  WRONG!  He woke up before Keith's alarm, and that was it for my rotten night!  Needless to say, I'm less than impressed with anything that is happening so far this morning.

9 comments:

Jobina said...

I'm using a different browser so we'll see if this works! I hear you girl! Trinity woke me up last night cause she barfed in her bed! And Mark's not home! I was up most of the night bathing her to get puke out of her hair, washing bedding, consoling, and who knows what else! I think I'm running on Grace today cause Riker's got a fever now too. Let's pray for each other!!!

Andrea said...

Wow! That's not fun! Tate has also been waking up more at night again...and this morning he had the shortest nap in history! I thought he'd be tired because he was awake more than usual last night, but nope...he only napped for 15 mins! I guess it's life as a mum sometimes, huh? :) I still love being a mom though!

Walter & Mel said...

We should start a club today - MWNES club - Mommies With Not Enough Sleep. What do you think?

And by the way Stacey, it's okay for you to lament. It makes the rest of us pray that your day goes so much better. Here's hoping Rowan takes a nice LONG nap this afternoon!

Drea said...

awe lol arent your just grateful thats not every night :-)

Stacey said...

Thanks everyone! This morning was rough. Now Rowan's sleeping, so I'm crossing my fingers (not really, but you know what I mean!) and heading to my own bed for a little rest.

Hope the rest of you mommies will have a better day!

Walter & Mel said...

Hope that nap was long and wonderful!

nurturing notes said...

How old is Rowan? By what I could gather from the previous blog about him being cuddly, he is either coming down with an illness or he is getting his molars (that's why I asked you how old he was).
Hope it gets better soon.
By the way, I replied to your comment on my blog.
Renata

Stacey said...

~Mel
Well, the nap wasn't so great, but I had a better day anyway!

~Renata
Rowan is 19 1/2 months old. He already has his first 4 molars, and just got all 4 eye teeth, so I'm hoping he's not getting his 2 year molars already!

As far as coming down with something, you could be right about that. My husband (Keith) has been sick with a nasty cold, which I now have, so I'm sure Rowan is next!

Renata said...

My first son got his 2 year molars at about Rowan's age. I'm actually glad he did because my 2nd son has had his dragging out for about a year. The last one finished coming through last week (he's 2 1/2).

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. It can be hard to deal with a cold when pregnant. I caught more in my last pregnancy too. Even the Dr's approved over the counter medicines didn't work (I hate taking medicines for anything). I ended up doing the home remedies of ginger & lemon tea with honey (I guess it could be just lemon too), salt water gargles, etc. They worked much better.
Take care