Friday, March 09, 2007

One hot date!

Okay, so Keith and I didn't really go on a date last night, but it sure was special!  We got all dressed up, suit & tie, for an awesome banquet at the Hotel Fort Garry.  The Manitoba Business Magazine was honoring the 50 fastest growing businesses in Manitoba.  And, you guessed it, Jordan Mills was #1!  Martin Harder, the owner of Jordan Mills, was the guest of honor, and we were there along with him to enjoy the food!

I really wish we'd have taken a picture, since we looked so good in our fancy clothes, but unfortunately, we didn't think of it yesterday!  I've never been in such a fancy place before!  Click here to see the website for this hotel.

The meal was wonderful, starting with bread, soup, salad, and then the main course.  We had chicken with baby potatoes and veggies, and a bread stuffing, all with a super yummy sauce over top.  Then we had this delicious mandarine cake for dessert.  Boy were we full by the end of that meal!

Martin gave a great speach, in which I was referred to as "Keith's good wife, Stacey!"  I was very flattered.  He thanked his wife, all of his staff and shareholders, accountants, lawyers, and of course, the bank!  Then he said something that I hope people will remember.  He talked about how God was his strength, and that being a Christian had only strengthened everything he had done in his life.  He said that it had never held him back from being a good business man, and that building good relationships is they key to success.  I think he hit the nail right on the head!  Thanks Martin, for your insipriring speach.

On a side note, the roads from Carmen north were awful!!  It may have been sunny and warm at home, but just 1/2 hour away, it was trecherous!  I got freaked out a few times on our trip!

7 comments:

Ellen said...

that's awesome that you got to get all dressed up and go out for the evening.. I always love those nights as far and few inbetween as they are :) it just makes you feel so special and it's definately a treat i think :) too bad you didn't think of pictures until it was too late, I always do that too..

Mark said...

Glad to hear you guys could have a romantic and inspiring night! Jobina spent her last night as an (ahem) unmarried woman at the Hotel Fort Garry and said it was a great place to stay. Apparently they have a breakfast buffet that is absolutely incredible. It sounds like Keith's boss in a good man - we definitely need more Christian businessmen who reflect Christ - a hard thing to do I think. Take care,
-Mark

Erin said...

Hey Stacey! My girlfriend Melissa actually organized that banquet (she works at MB business magazine!!) It was neat to see that a fellow blogger was at it!!! Getting dressed up must have felt great also!!!

Stacey said...

~Mark
Yeah, it's nice to know there are some Christian business men out there!

~Erin
Is your friend Melissa prego too? I'm pretty sure I remember hearing her name there.

Erin said...

Stacey, my girlfriend Melissa IS pregnant actually!!! She is due almost exactly 2 months after me! May 27th!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy

Glad to hear you had a great evening at the Banquet! My girlfrined Erin mentioned you were there with Jordan Mills! I loved Martin's speech too! It brought tears to my eyes to hear him honour God. You just never know who's life will be changed from hearing that! Praise God! Take care and many blessings to you and your family!
Melissa

Stacey said...

~Melissa
Nice to 'meet' you! Hope you stop by my blogging world again!