Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Spa


Yesterday was supposed to be a wonderful day for me.  I was going for an hour long pregnancy massage at the local spa, my Christmas gift from Keith.  I showed up half an hour early, to enjoy the mineral pool for a while before my massage.  I was met at the desk by Natalie, who was supposed to give me my massage.   She said she was feeling really awful, and wouldn't be able to do the massage.   She had taken some medication, so she said to wait half an hour and she would let me know if she felt better.  

So, I got to enjoy the mineral pool, and the super relaxing atmosphere.  Then the girl who worked at the desk, Stacy, came to get me.  She said Natalie could hardly stand anymore, and she was probably going to the hospital.  So, that was the end of my 'wonderful day of relaxation'.  I went home with no massage :(

The really sad part is that as of yesterday, all the girls at the spa were finished, they all quit.  Starting on Monday they will have all new staff, but who knows what they'll be like.  I had heard such great things about Natalie, and I knew some of the other girls at the spa.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see what it will be like.  It was quite a dissapointment.

Here's a picture of the mineral pool and the sauna at the Heartland Resort, where I spent 1/2 hour yesterday.  It's so beautiful there.



This is the name of the spa.  Hopefully I'll get an appointment again soon!


5 comments:

Aunt Sheila said...

Natalie was the gal who did my pedicure. She was good, that's just too bad that you had to miss out!
Interesting how all the girls have quit? Wonder why?
I'm sure the new staff will be just as good, who knows, maybe even better!

Walter & Mel said...

Oh, that's awful! Hopefully you'll be able to get a great massage in soon. And tell me the results. I'm looking for a good massage therapist. I would love to relax for an hour and get all the knots out :) My favorite massage therapist after Jolee was born has since moved to Winnipeg. Oh, she was GOOD. But I'm always scared that I'll call in somewhere and get a guy. THAT would be uncomfortable!

Stacey said...

~Auntie Sheila
They all quit because of new management. Hopefully everything will work okay for the new girls!

~Mel
I'll definately be posting after my massage! It's quite expensive there though, I guess because it includes the pool and stuff as well. There's a price list on the website. And I'm pretty sure it's only girls working at Heartland!

Gina said...

I was at the Spa for a pedicure yesterday with one of the "new" girls. The girls that will be running that place are awesome, I know them personally and have no doubt they will be fantastic!

Stacey said...

Thanks Gina! It's good to know.