Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I got the diapers!! *Updated*

Yesterday I was super excited to finally get the new diapers in the mail!!  They are sooo soft!  They feel so nice, and I'm sure it will be much nicer than disposables for Rowan.  I put a blue Baby Kangas diaper on him for the evening, with one of the liners from the Bum Genius 2.0 diapers.  (The Baby Kangas didn't come with liners, so I'm going to sew some tonight.  Just with flannel though.  It's waaay cheaper than microfibre!!)  I actually had to button it down to the medium size, because Rowan is so skinny I guess!  He seemed to think it was weird to wear a cloth diaper, but after a few minutes he was playing again, and no problems!!  He wasn't too impressed with me taking pictues though!





For night I put on the Bum Genius 2.0 diaper, with two liners, since he usually 
leeks out of a huggies diaper at night!  NO LEAKS!! I was pleasantly surprised 
this morning to find his pj's dry, and the diaper soaked!!  I can't wait to make my 
liners, so I can continually use cloth.  It's super easy.


Anyone in Canada who's interested in the Bum Genius 2.0 or the Baby Kangas, check out jamtots.com  if you live in the US, check out Bum Genius 2.0 at cottonbabies.com (Baby Kangas are only sold at jamtots.com)

*Update*
Went to my parents place this evening from some great barbecued steak!  Mmmmm...  Anyway, I was also able to quickly serge some diaper liners.  I made 7 liners that are 4 layers of flannel, and one with 2, since I had to pieces left.  I made this out of 2 meters of flannel.  Not bad!!  Much cheaper than the ones that they sell.  Next week our local fabric store is having a 50% off sale on everything in the store!!  So, I'm going to purchase some microfibre then.  That way I have a few really nice liners, and some extras.  Here's a picture of my finished product.


2 comments:

Drea said...

looks awesome! i need to make some inserts myself 2.
I just bought 10 bum genius 2.0 diapers for 90 dollars! (had a 10 dollar voucher) www.cottonbabies.com is having a MAJOR seconds sale. CHECK IT OUT. I blogged about it
It should of cost $160.00 at the cheapest for 10 of these diapers ... but not today! hehe awesome!

Dianna said...

Hey just to let you know I came by your blog I am checking it out and seeing how you are doing. Serging looking good~