Saturday, April 07, 2007

My life as a see-saw

I've been tagged!!  This is the first time, so it's kind of exciting.  I was tagged by Drea to answer the following questions about balance in my life.  So, here goes.

1. How do you acheive balance in your life?

Well, fist of all, I don't feel like my life is very well balanced right now.  That being said, I'm looking for balance in the following ways:  First in my relationship with Jesus Christ.  Things are definately suffering there, and need some serious balance.  Prayer and reading my Bible need to move up on the list of things to do.  Second, my wonderful husband needs a little more of my attention.  Thirdly, my cutie pie son needs more of his mommy too.  I think that health wise, I'm pretty balanced right now, trying to keep me and the little one in good shape!

2. What is your biggest challenge in balancing your life?

Ultimately, it is fighting my selfishness.  I struggle with giving myself to others the way I should.  This makes my life lean more toward me, and away from helping those I love.  Definately not balaced!  Part of this due to tiredness, but really, let's be honest, it's just hard to give of myself sometimes!

3. What are your priorities?

Right now, my priorities are figuring out how to balance my life!  I have a lot of work ahead of me...

4. Have your prorities changed over time, and why?

Well, before I was married, I was focused more on wanting to serve I think, as backward as that sounds!  Now I struggle a lot with shifting back into that thinking.  Sometimes I just want time for myself again.  Don't get me wrong here, I love doing things for my family!  They are awesome and I love them so much!  I just struggle with still being a selfish person sometimes.

5. What advice can you share to help all of us balance our lives?

Well, if you are a Christian, then make sure that growing closer to Christ is your number one priority, and family second.  As you already know, I'm still working on that one!  Try to make healthy decisions and love those around you.

Now, who to tag next...  I tag Andrea, Ellen, Auntie Sheila!  How do YOU acheive balance?


3 comments:

Evi said...

That game of tag is sure from a tough neighbourhood!
Thanks for your honesty Stacey. Those kind of questions are great for all of us to reflect on...and put into action hey?

Adam & Melissa said...

Hey there Stacey.
This is adam, half of the newlywed Lever couple. Just letting you guys know that we have a blog now. No promises how often it will be updated, but none the less, it is there. Hope you are doing good, and that the pregnency will go smoothly and that you won't be too uncomfortable. Take care and say hi to Kieth for me. Happy Easter..

http://loveandbliss.blogspot.com/

Mark said...

Hey Stacey,
Thanks for your honesty, it's always refreshing to hear Christ followers discuss both aspects of their faith; the strong and weak parts. Thinking about balance, I heard a sermon by the pastor of a massive church in Calgary (Center Street maybe?) and he spoke about balance. He said that he had given up on achieving balance and was instead focused on letting Christ inhabit every area of his disjointed life. I wish I could remember more about it, but it was a very freeing kind of sermon. Is balance really possible? And is it healthy? Just an open question I guess. Say hi to Keith for me!
-Mark