Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Where have I been????

Okay!!  So, it's been FOREVER since I last posted.  But, all for a few good reasons :)  First off, we spent the weekend with Keith's family, which was wonderful as usual!  We spent most of Saturday outside, and Rowan loved to be able to run on their huge yard.  He also spent a lot of time in the swing that they bought for him.  And of course, he visited the cows at least 3 times!  Funny guy.  About 1/2 hour before we even got to their house, he started mooing!!  He was so excited he hardly ate any supper.

The girls and I also recorded a few songs, which I will post once I have them all formatted and stuff.   It was a lot of fun!  We had some good laughs too, listening to what we had done!


Our yummy barbecue/picnic on Saturday.


Rowan had tons of fun playing guitar with auntie Alyssa.  She did the chords, and he strummed for her!

We came home on Sunday night, and first thing Monday morning, Liane, Heather and I went to the fabric store, since everything is 50% off this week!  Heather bought all the flannel for her diapers, plus some extra for a blanket and some burp cloths, for only $80!  Impressive.  So, now can you guess what I've been up to for the past three days?  Here's a clue:









Cutting flannel for hours on end!!  We spent all three afternoons, plus one evening working on this, tracing and cutting.  It was pretty fun working together.  I can see why people charge so much for their diapers though, it's a lot of time put in!  We haven't even started sewing yet!  She's making 40 diapers by the way.  Should be plenty!

In other news, I finally went to get my hair cut today.  I've been putting it off for far too long!  My hair is really soft and fine, resulting in NO body whatsoever when it gets longer!  Nothing could help me but  a good cut!  Thanks to my friend Jaclyn who works at a local Salon, for cutting my hair, and then offering to do Rowan's for free!!  It's such a blessing to have friends with talent!  Now we're both so cute!


I was trying to take some not-so-serious pictues to send to Keith at work.



Hmmm.... I also bought some Crocs the other day, which I still need to show to Keith before I decide whether I'm keeping them or not!  They are the Mary Jane style, very cute.  I bought black, so I can wear them with almost anything, including to Church, since most Sundays now I have to take off my shoes or sandals because my feet hurt and are swelling!  The Crocs should be much better for that.


Yup, those are sock lines on my ankles!!  You can tell that my feet are starting to swell again.  

Rowan has been tons of fun lately, learning lots of new words, and he now knows the colour blue!  I have no idea where he picked that up, but he just started saying it the other day, and he really does know what blue is!  He's also been 'singing' a lot lately, at the top of his lungs!!  It's so funny and cute and annoying all at the same time!  Yesterday he was trying to sing along to American Idol, so I wasn't too impressed, but it WAS cute!!

This is turing out to be a really long post, and there are more things that I could post about, but we'll save that for another day!!

12 comments:

Margarita said...

Very nice haircut! Well it looks like Croc shoes are the thing to get...maybe i'll give in and finally get a pair- like the ones you bought :)

kowalsons said...

LOVE the hair!!! Total amazing! Hope you and your family have a great day today!

Michelle said...

Hey Stacey,
It was soo mcuh fun visiting with you on the weekend. I am very thankful to have a sister in law that is so easy to talk to and have fun with. Good choice keith:)
Anyway, love the hair! What did you think of american idol on tues? Like jordin? Wish i could hear rowan singing along. Cute!
Have a great day. See ya soon:)
~Michelle

Gina said...

Love the haircute, it looks fantastic on you! I still wanna get myself a pair of Crocs too, they are sooo comfortable.

mommy1 said...

Adorable haircut! See im the opposite.. I HAVE EXTREMELY thick hair. I have to have it thinned out often because its THAT thick. So to have my hair to short makes it look like a mushroom :-)

Yours is adorable though.
I cant wait to see pics of your finished diapers. If I could sew Id do the same... I also dont have the time or space right now ... but maybe once we get our own place :-)

I do want MORE diapers though. So I dont have to wash every day

Oh and u should get Rowan some croc shoes like that. Ive seen them for little boys. A grandmother has some lime green ones that comes to toddler time w/ me.. and her 2 yr old granddaughter has matchine lime green ones.. its SO CUTE! I saw some Camo ones I want to buy Caleb.

mommy1 said...

Oh BTW Stacey, that was me, DREA. Im posting a blog for Donna this week. :-)

Stacey said...

~Margarita
Thanks! I'm still deciding on the Crocs. I think I'll keep them though.

~Delores
Thank you!

~Michelle
You're not so bad yourself!! American Idol was alright. Jordan still isn't my favorite. I thought she was pushing her voice beyond 'nice' to 'shouting' as Simon would say.

~Gina
Go for it!

~Drea
You have no idea how many times I've wished for thicker hair! To be able to leave it and have it look good would be wonderful.

I can't wait til Heather's diapers are done either! It's been a lot of work already. Still lot's to go.

I tried some Crocs on Rowan, but his feet are so high/chubby, that they don't fit very well!

Dianna said...

Pls send me your e-mail address and I will add you to my blog once again cause I made it private. Thanx,Dianna

Stacey said...

~Dianna
You can email me by going to my profile. There is a link there. Thanks!

Walter & Mel said...

Hey Stacey! Oh, I feel for you with the swollen feet! I sure hope that you can find some REALLY comfy shoes that make this last leg of the pregnancy easier, whether it be crocs or something else. I have yet to dive into the crocs craze. I see the price and back away, although I have heard they are very comfortable.

As for your haircut - LOOKS GREAT! And that green shirt is a wonderful color on you! Lookin' good, Stacey! Keep smiling!

Jamie said...

I have the same hair as you - blonde, fine, thin... But your haircut looks great!

Wendy said...

Love the hair cut!My hair is the same! Thin and fine! Wonder if I could get a way with a cut like that! Sure would be cool this summer:) I am not a big fan of the clog stlye of crocs but I LoVe the mary janes!