Monday, May 14, 2007

A little look into... ME! *Updated*

A few days ago I asked Andrea over at Fina Drea to interview me.  (This is the latest fun blogging thing to do!)  So today I got my five questions from her.  Here goes!

1. What is the hardest thing for you since becoming a mom?

The hardest thing for me since becoming a mom would probably be learning patience.  I used to think that I would have no problem being patient with my kids, but boy was I wrong!!  It's SOOO hard some days!

2. How many children do you think you'd like to have? and why.

Hmmm... good question.  Before I ever got married or had kids, I would always say that I wanted 4 kids.  After giving birth once, I wasn't sure I would ever WANT to do that again!!  It took me quite a while to even consider it, and of course, now I'm expecting baby number 2!  I think I've decided to take it one step at a time.  Who knows what this child will be like?  Will I be able to handle more?  Right now I'm worried about the physical toll this pregnancy has taken on me, and I still have three months left!  So, honestly I don't know how many kids we will have.  All I can say is, at least two!!  And probably no more than 3 or 4.

3. Do you have any regrets in life?

Well, I guess I regret not taking my Christian walk more seriously when I was younger, because now it's so much harder to make it a daily walk.  I'm sure there are other smaller things that I could regret, but I think I just choose to move on and make it better, so hopefully I will do better with my relationship with Christ.

4. How did you get started blogging?

My brother, Warren started a blog a few years ago, while he was still single, and it has morphed into a blog for him and his wife, Liane.  I thought it was pretty cool that people could see his photos and read about what he was up to, so I decided to start one for our family.  Today is my 75th post!!

5. What is one of your goals for the next 5 years..?

A goal for the next 5 years... to be a better wife to my wonderful husband.  No one ever tells you (or maybe I just wasn't listening past my gaga lovey-dovey state of mind!) how much you have to learn about being married and loving your spouce.  I want to make the next 5 years better than our first 4!  And, by the way, to those of you who are wondering, the first year was definately NOT the hardest for us!!  Every stage brings its fun, and its challenges.

Thanks Andrea for those great questions!!  

Now, to the rest of you,
-Want to play along?
-Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." Leave your email address as well.
-I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions
-You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
-You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

Update:

I thought I'd let you all know how Rowan has been doing with potty training.  He has peed on the potty at least two times everyday since last Thursday!  I haven't pushed him at all, just asked him if he wanted to go.  If he says yes, then we go.  I have offered him a treat a few times when I really wanted him to go, but other than that, it's been just him!  I'm so proud of my little man!! He's gone three times already today.  I'm hoping he'll wake up from his nap dry.


Rowan sitting on his potty this afternoon.

I also have a great recipe to share with you all.  It's from Growing With Mom, which is a group I go to where we talk about nutrition and safety issues during pregnancy, and for children.  This is a muffin recipe that is light and moist.  It's so yummy, and healthy too, which is why I really want to share it with you!

Banana Bran Muffins
1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Wheat Bran
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup Oil
1/2 cup Buttermilk (or mix a teaspoon or so of vinegar with 1/2 cup milk)
3 mashed Bananas
Optional: 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips

In a bowl, mix flour, bran, baking soda, and baking powder.  In a separate bowl beat egg, sugar, oil.  Add mashed bananas and buttermilk to egg mixture.  Mix together dry and wet ingredients and stir just until moist.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until firm on top.  YUMMY!


I used white flour this time, because I ran out of whole wheat, so they look a little lighter than usual.


Rowan enjoying a fresh muffin!

7 comments:

Drea said...

awe what great answers! I like ur last answer.. our 1st year was hard... but it wasnt our hardest I dont think... I think our 3rd year was harder.

Sheila said...

Those muffins look great! I'll have to give it a try!

Tornado said...

interview me

theblondebombshell86@hotmail.com

The Thiessens said...

Way to go little man!

Nana & Papa

Larissa Joy said...

you can interview me if you like...i need a new idea for a post!
larissathiessen@hotmail.com

Shanilie said...

Isn't that a fun meme! I enjoyed doing this one earlier. Great answers. Drea came up with good questions. Great way to get to know other bloggers a little better.

The muffins look great. I love a new recipe!

The Thiessens said...

Made the muffins today - Mmmm yummy!

Mom