Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pregnancy 'Tag'

*WARNING: If you are not interested in reading about my pregnancy or birth experience, then stop reading now!*

Got this 'tag' from I Know I Am Not Alone.  (She tagged everyone!!)  So, here goes!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Let's just say we knew it was a possiblility, and we weren't trying not to!!

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Me: Excited and scared!!
Keith: He didn't believe me at first, and then, I think he felt the same way I did!

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Never!

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
20

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I knew long before I ever missed my 'time of the month'.  The physical symptoms were too different than anything else I'd ever experienced!

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My mom figured it out before I could actually tell her, because I hadn't even done a pregnancy test yet!!  She's just too smart!  So, she and my dad were the first to know.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
No.  I was just as happy to be surprised.

9. DUE DATE?
July 28, 2005

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yes, for the second and third months only.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Fruit, lot's and lot's of fruit!

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
When people would look at me and say, wow, you still have a few months left!? (Implying that I was going to be HUGE!)

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
He's a cute little boy!!

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Before he was born I really wanted a girl, but as soon as I saw him, I didn't even think of it.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
About 25.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, a couple.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Just some vericose veins.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Boundary Trails Health Centre, Winkler Manitoba Canada

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Three hours before I started pushing, and then three hours of pushing!

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
My wonderful hubby, who had been getting ready to go work night shift.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
A few nurses, my amazing Doctor, and of course, my man, Keith!!

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION -
Natural.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes, I had Demerol, which was AWEFUL!  Thank goodness I heard that they are no longer making this drug.

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
8 lbs, 0.8 oz

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
5:53 AM July 20, 2005

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Rowan Seth

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
He's almost 22 months!


~This is the only picture I have from the evening my water broke!  I'm all belly!


~Here's Rowan when he was less than a week old.

Okay, now I tag whoever is interested in sharing!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Thnaks for doing the tag!!

it is fun to remember your first pregnancy and child!!

Michelle said...

I just wanted to say you don't look huge to me! I think I looked like that by 7 months!! LOL!! I love reading about others pregnancy and birth experiances!

Oh and hello! I surfed in here through I know I am not alone!