Thursday, May 24, 2007

Where to begin...

So, as you may have noticed, it's been a long time since I last posted!  Hopefully you guys will still read this!  

First off, I didn't post on the weekend, because Keith and I were off relaxing in Grand Forks.  It was so nice to go away, just the two of us, and not have any agenda!!  We mostly relaxed in our hotel, went for a 'shopping walk' and didn't worry about anything!!  My parents had Rowan, and he apparently had such a good time, he wasn't even excited to see us when we got home!  Thanks Mom & Dad!

Tuesday was SO dreary and rainy here,  I didn't feel like doing anything!  Rowan and I went to stay and play, which was fun.  It was Ari & Noah's birthday, so they came to play too.  It was fun to watch them crawling around and playing, and of course, eating cheerios!  Congrats to Heather on a hard, but good first year!!  It will be so much fun watching them in the next year as they start walking and talking!!  Their little personalities will be even more apparent!

Tuesday night was awful (about 4 hours of sleep), so of course, Wednesday was not so fun either.  My sister Heather and I usually do our grocery shopping together on Wednesdays, so off we went to the store.  I lifted a 10 kg bag of flour (25 lbs or so)  onto my cart, and then found myself out of breath and lightheaded.  I made it to the checkout, but had to go sit down while Heather unloaded my groceries for me!!  And she's the one with only 4 weeks to go!!  (You should check out her blog by the way, she has a picture of the very cute diapers that she's working on!)

Today so far Rowan and I went to Mom's Morning Out at our church, and then to Mom & Dad's for lunch.  Now I really should be napping, since last night was almost as bad as the one before.  I think I woke up every hour!  And I always wake up at 7, no matter what day it is!

Oh, and Keith is gone for the next 4 days, on a fishing trip to Eagle Nest Lodge.  Hope he's having fun...  I'm going to miss him :(  Don't know if we'll survive without him.  He hasn't been gone, other than working night shift, since Rowan was born, so I'm definately not used to this!

Here's a few pics from the last while.


here are some of the fish in the pond at our hotel


me sitting by one of the hottubs in our hotel - there were 5
and no, I didn't go in, just put my legs in for a while!


Rowan having fun in our backyard


Rowan sitting by the sorrel plant, and eating the leaves!  He LOVES this!


My hubby playing guitar one evening.

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Heeeyyyy! That's so fun that you had a weekend away with Keith! :) And guess what...Jonathan is going to be gone for 4 days (starting tomorrow!) too...so both me and you will be at home without our hubbys...and I will sure miss him too! We've never been apart for that long before! Anyways, to answer your question that you left on our blog...YES!!! We are coming out for a bit this summer...actually at the end of June. We'll be coming on the Wednesday night and leaving on saturday, but that is for Mark's wedding (jonathan is speaking at it)...so we'll be busy friday afternoon/night and saturday but should be free all day thursday for sure!! So yeah...we will DEFINITELY have to get together!

Gina said...

Sounds like you guys had a good weekend away relaxing.

Mark said...

Keith can play guitar? Good for him!
-Mark

Jobina said...

What is this with husbands going away? Mark is going backpacking for a few days next week and leaving me and the kids abandoned too! Crazy!
Way to get away for a bit Stacey! That sounded and looked so relaxing.
Mark, of course Keith plays guitar! Don't you remember youth? Our stage FULL of guitar players??? ;)

Anonymous said...

Stacey, so glad you could have a relaxing weekend! I love those pictures! Keith, you should play guitar more often...you used to play your bass guitar until you drove us all crazy! Miss those times...
Love ya,
Lyssa

Shanilie said...

Glad you had a great weekend together. Everyone needs that from time to time. I just love listening to the guitar. Jacob loves to play along with Ryan. Fun seeing them spend time together.

Have a great weekend!

sheila said...

That hotel looks familiar! I think we stayed there back in October. C'Mon Inn?
We'll be checking out the new Canad Inn in Grand Forks in few weeks, apparently it has an amazing waterpark! Gotta love Grand Forks!

kowalsons said...

Good to have the update! Glad you and Keith got away for some much needed rest time! Very wise! We have these amazing neighbours--they are probably around the 70 yr old mark, and they shared with us last summer how the best marraige advise they could give was to take at least 1 week per year away from life. No kids, no work, no adgenda. I think it sound amazing---but really hard to pull off. Will deffinately pray for you while you are home without your hubby--it can be challenging. Blessings to you and your family!

Dianna said...

Haven't heard from you for awhile was wondering how you are doing. I also play the guitar also accordian and keyboard.

Stacey said...

~Andrea
We'll be at Mark's wedding too, so hopefully we'll be able to talk a bit!

~Mark
Yup, he got a guitar for Christmas.

~Auntie Sheila
It was C'mon Inn! Really nice, for a great price!

~Dianna
Thanks for checking in! I'd love to be invited to your blog, but I don't have your email address. Mine is keithandstaceyfriesen@yahoo.ca

Crystal said...

Hi Stacey. I know who you are. I used to work with your sister in law Leanne. I was at Target a few months ago and saw the pump there. Should have bought it then!