Friday, June 01, 2007

Rowy's New Blanket

This morning I was busy sewing!  I have been looking around for a while for some cute, affordable, and fairly decent quality toddler bedding.  Since I didn't find anything, I decided to sew a duvet cover for Rowan.  My mom had given me an old blanket of mine, which I cut down to a smaller size.

I managed to find some fabric that Rowan LOVES!  Have I ever mentioned how much he loves drums?  Well, everytime we are at my parents house, he asks to go play on my brother Dustin's drums.  He walks around the house with his very own drum sticks.  He plays 'air drums' constantly.  He is bordering on being addicted I think!!  Anyway, I found some fabric that has instruments all over it, including drums.  He ran around the store pretending that he had tiny little drum sticks in his hands!  It was so cute to see him so excited!  I also found some green alphabet fabric for the back.

I finished sewing on the buttons this afternoon while Rowan slept, so I am officially done sewing my very first duvet cover!!  It was pretty easy, actually.  Even with my lack of sewing skills, I pulled it off.  (With some help on the button holes from my mom!)

Here is a picture of the finished product. (It's folded a few times, so I could get it in the picture better)

8 comments:

Stam House said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and congratulation on your second pregnancy 10 weeks will go fast.
Renee

Jobina said...

That looks awesome Stacey!

Erin said...

That is such an adorable blanket I'm sure that Rowan will love it!!! I love the fabric!!! I sewed all of Noahs receiving blankets and my mom made him a couple other blankets, maybe I'll have to try my hand at a duvet cover when it comes time!

Walter & Mel said...

Now if only your mom could show ME how to sew button holes... great job Stacey. Rowan's sure to be dreaming of drums and all those noise-making instruments for the next few nights! FUN!

Andrea said...

Very nice! :) Now if only I could sew that good! hehe...I'm sure I could if I put my mind to it and had the time...or MADE the time! :) Oh well, for now my mom still does lots of the sewing for me, which is super nice. :) But yeah, I LOVE the blanket, and that's so cute about Rowan and his "addiction" to drums!! :) I can't wait to see him play 'air drums' or whatever other kind he wants to play when we come out in june!

Dianna said...

great job on the sewing. I love sewing and am interested in people who do it for a hobby or whatever. The blanket looks really lovely!

Shanilie said...

Wow, that's awesome! What a great idea. I think I am going to try this too. I was looking for a comforter for Jacob and the prices were crazy (between 50-100). This way you can get some cute fabric and re-salvage older bedding. Love the pattern and the big buttons! Isn't it great having someone in the family who knows how to sew, I should really take some lessons.

p.s.Great job with my quiz! You got the second highest, you probably would have beat him if I hadn't of assisted him with some lol.

Stay at Home Mom said...

That looks awesome! You've inspired me to do it for my son who recently moved into his "big boy bed."

Stay at home mom