This morning I was busy sewing! I have been looking around for a while for some cute, affordable, and fairly decent quality toddler bedding. Since I didn't find anything, I decided to sew a duvet cover for Rowan. My mom had given me an old blanket of mine, which I cut down to a smaller size.
I managed to find some fabric that Rowan LOVES! Have I ever mentioned how much he loves drums? Well, everytime we are at my parents house, he asks to go play on my brother Dustin's drums. He walks around the house with his very own drum sticks. He plays 'air drums' constantly. He is bordering on being addicted I think!! Anyway, I found some fabric that has instruments all over it, including drums. He ran around the store pretending that he had tiny little drum sticks in his hands! It was so cute to see him so excited! I also found some green alphabet fabric for the back.
I finished sewing on the buttons this afternoon while Rowan slept, so I am officially done sewing my very first duvet cover!! It was pretty easy, actually. Even with my lack of sewing skills, I pulled it off. (With some help on the button holes from my mom!)
Here is a picture of the finished product. (It's folded a few times, so I could get it in the picture better)