Wednesday, July 04, 2007

35 weeks & 2 days...

One month left!!  Yesterday Keith mentioned to me that he just realized how little time is left til this baby comes!!  I've been feeling like I still have forever, but yesterday I just sort of switched over to 'oh my, it's almost here!'


The past week I think I've gotten used to this state of sleep deprivation I'm living in.  I still have rough days, like yesterday, when everything hits me the wrong way.  For example:  Rowan peed in his diaper all day, and refused to go on the potty.  I just about lost my sanity!!  I'm sure my tiredness rubs off on Rowan too, and that's why he chooses to not obey me.  How do they know when things are rough?  It's just not cool!

To top things off for me, our renter is moving out and she so kindly replaced herself with someone else.  This has happened to us about 3 or 4 times now.  We've never had 'bad' renters, they just don't deal with things properly.  It gets really frustrating when we are switching renters every 3 or 4 months!!  The problem is that most of them have been immigrants, or people that are living here just long enough to keep their Canadian papers.  You can imagine how fun it is to deal with people that don't speak English.

Okay, enough complaining!!  Like I said, today I'm choosing to be happy, so no more of this!!


In other news, I had a prenatal appointment today.  Surprise, my baby has once again decided to be a girl!  Last appointment it was a boy.  I have absolutely no clue!!  With Rowan I was so positive I would have a boy, but this time I have no real idea.  Only time will tell...

We did get some not so good news though.  This baby has turned from his/her nice 'normal' position, and is now breech.  Not the kind of news I was hoping to hear.  I have an ultrasound on Monday (to check the kidneys, which were not the same size) and then I will find out for sure if this baby is breech.  Please pray that the baby will turn, because I really don't want to deal with a c-section.  I know it's not the end of the world, but it still scares me, and I'd rather not have to deal with this.  My doctor said that it's a little late in the game for this baby to turn on his/her own.  I'm just praying that she's wrong, and this baby will be a little gymnast once more!!

I'll leave you with some really grainy looking pictures of me today.  Note the swollen feet.  This picture hardly does those monsters justice!!  Yesterday evening I was actually BULGING out of my crocs!!


Front view


Side view


The monster feet - the left one is much worse than the right (like my croc tan?!)

12 comments:

Ellen said...

i know, time is flying by!! I know how you feel about the baby's position! right now my baby is also breech (I read that it is fairly common tho with 2nd, 3rd, etc. pregnancies) but I suppose I have more time too - and the baby isn't engaged in my pelvis at all either.. after going thro a natural birth (not C) and knowing what it's about, the idea of a C section is scarey!! i'll keep you in my prayers that baby will reposition!! oh and don't forget to put ur feet up :)

DavenHeather said...

its not too late. go check out spinningbabies.com or if you want some other tips let me know. a baby can flip any time... i will send prayers up for you.

Andrea said...

Oh...that is kinda scary news about the baby being breech...I know i was SO worried when Tate was head up until about the 7th month or so. I actually came to MB and went to a lady there who very gently massaged my belly and actually got the little guy to flip the right way! She's really good at it, and she might be able to help you! There is no risk at all...some people say that there's a risk of the baby getting it's cord wrapped around the neck if someone turns the baby, but I checked it all out and everyone said that it would not wrap the cord around their neck...the only way it would be wrapped around was if it already was from the baby moving around itself. So anyways, if you want her info, let me know (I'll have to phone my mom and ask her again what the ladies name was)...but it WORKED for us, which I was SO happy about because I was/am scared of c-sections too! We will be be thinking of you and praying for you though...and oh...your poor feet! Good thing the baby is coming soon! :)

Aunt Sheila said...

Some advice from a lady who has had 3 c-sections. It's great! Nothing to be scared about whatsoever. If you would have to have a planned c-section it really is a very simple and virtually painfree experience. The only pain I experienced was the epidural going into the back. Whopdedoo! Better than being in labour for 24 hours!
Pardon me, I get a little upset when some women make it sound like they've "failed" themselves by having to go through a c-section. What matters is that your baby comes out safely, no matter what the birthing procedure is.
If we weren't living in the era that we are in with an amazing medical procedure called a c-section both Zach and I would of died on the birthing table! So hooray for c-sections!

Walter & Mel said...

I know it's tough to take some advice but I'm going to slip it in anyway... focus on the baby to come, the little miracle soon to be in your arms. Don't fret about the what-ifs, the unknowns. Baby may flip the right way. Maybe not. But you have a wonderful and caring doctor who is looking out for you and the precious little one. C-section or natural, God is with you and will help you through it all.

Now GET SOME GOOD SLEEP!!! :)

Stam House said...

I know C section are not fun but I had one and it was not a scary as I taught it would be (you could read my birth story on my blog) Lets jsut say mine was an emergancy c section!

Will just pray that God will protect this little one no matter what way he or she is comming out!

Donna said...

I was very scared of c sections too...kinda funny, us women must be silly...we are afraid of c sections but would rather go through hours upon hours of labor and squeeze a baby out from you know where!!

I am sure you can get the baby to flip. Check it out online.

Hope all goes well. I am sure it will because God is in control!

Gina said...

Funny how everyone is different. Labour terrifies me and I would much rather just have a c-section, but what do I really know hey?! ;) You're in my prayers...

Stacey said...

Thanks so much for all your kind words. And just so you know, I don't have a major problem with having a c-section. I'm mostly worried about how I will deal with Rowan after, since lifting him will be out of the question for awhile. I'm thankful that there IS a way to give birth in difficult circumstances, but I'm still hoping that this baby will turn!

Wendy said...

Don't worry too much about the baby being breech! I was until 2 weeks before delivery and my midwife gave me some exercises to help flip the baby! Within a week she was head down! Good luck!

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

You should talk to Julie, because if I remember right Tabea was breech as well and she went to some lady who turned her!

Drea said...

I remember my feet getting really swollen with Caleb... just because of the heat!!
Hope your swelling does better :-) I know it can get uncomfortable.

You look great though