Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Life Update

I can't believe that I haven't had time to post for almost a week!  I've been trying to keep up with reading blogs, but the only real time I have to be on the computer is while I'm nursing Bria, and it takes forever to type with one hand.  (I'm trying right now, and I think I'm getting better at it, although I do have to look at the keyboard, so pardon any mistakes!)

Mostly I'm just exhausted, sore, and have no patience.  Any slight disobedience from Rowan has me through the roof, and I just feel really bad for him.  Any advice from moms with more than one child?  I don't think I'll survive very long at this rate.  Thankfully Bria only wakes up twice each night, which is not to hard to deal with!  I just still feel so fun down during the day.

I think I need to start working out a bit, and get my muscles back into shape.  My back is just killing me, not to mention my arms are not feeling terribly strong either.

Some of you have asked about the quilt.  I haven't gotten any further on it than when I posted the picture!  A bit of consolation for me is that this is a bigger quilt, and will be for Bria when she moves into a bed, so I have like 2 years to finish it if I need!  HAHA!  I sure hope it doesn't take that long :)  Check out Mel's blog for some real determination in the rag quilt department.  (It was so nice to talk to you for a few minutes yesterday, Mel.  Once I feel a little more sane, I'll give you a call.)

We are hoping to spend some time with Keith's family in the next while, since it's harvest time, and Keith wants to help his dad with that.  It will be a nice time to visit with people that I don't normally have time to see when we're out in Mennville.  So, if you live in Mennville, and would like to visit with me and my kids when we come, let me know!


This post is going to be lacking in the picture department, because I really want to get a decent nap in before my kids wake up.  There is, however, one more thing.  A contest from Renee!

Renee has made a beautiful wrap that she wants to give away.  Isn't that sweet of her?  She wants us to share what we love about babywearing.  Well, I have to say that I haven't tried it much yet, because Bria is pretty small still, and it's hard to figure out how to get her in the sling properly (anyone want to help?).  I did put her in the wrap the other day, and she seemed to like that better, though only for about 10 minutes or so.  She doesn't like anything restricting her head, and it's pretty wobbly if it isn't tucked in, so she got a bit upset after a while.  I really enjoyed it though, knowing that she was close to me, and that I didn't have to worry about Rowan squishing her or something.  I'm really looking forward to when she's alittle bit bigger and we can enjoy it all more.  Make sure you check out Renee's blog to see the wrap, and don't forget to enter the contest!  If you win it and don't need it, you can always give it away.  It would make a great gift for a busy Mama!

6 comments:

Walter & Mel said...

Sanity is really not something I have either, if it makes you feel any better. I hope you get in some rest today Stacey.

Donna said...

I can tell ya the patience thing will come back. It is hard an with feelings of being overwhelmed with a whole new little one to take care of.

My biggest help was filling up with God's Love and praying through EVERYTHING!!! Not sure why praying sometimes seems so hard to remember, but you eventually get the hang of it!

Ethan is 3 and I still have trouble with patience, and I tend to take it out on my older one.

Before you know it things will be settled down a bit!

Make sure you take care of you, we will miss ya, but You are more important=)

Stam House said...

I little one are demmanding bubt it's sooo worth it. I understand about how you feel, I just have one child and sometimes I get out of patience when she cries and i don't know what's she wants(on days that i should i've sleep more I feel I always am about to loose my cool )

Thanks for you honesty!

Also thanks for entering the contest and the best of luck to you!

Renee

Ellen said...

Hi Stacey, well I don't know what to say, but soon I will be in the same boat! At least you are getting a decent amount of sleep! It could definately be worse :) But it sounds like overall you are doing pretty good.. that's good that you've given yourself lots of time for that quilt!

The Pauls' said...

Hey Stacey,
I hear you about the tired stage, lack of patience thing. But the thing that has got me through many a times is the knowing that this is only a phase (the tired thing) and that when it is over you will look back and it will be only a memory. Just don't wish these days away, as it is so easy to do that. Now that we have older kids (our oldest is already 17) I realize just how quickly time does fly, and it won't be forever that you will be able to cuddle them so close. Savor the moments, don't wish them away, look for the good things (healthy children ect.) And remember that we can do nothing of our own strength. Let the joy of the Lord be your strength. When you are feeling those moments of loosing it, lift your eyes and cry out to Him. He is faithful, He loves you more that you can imagine! Take refuge in that! Hope you get some much needed rest and if you don't I hope you can find rest in His arms!

HeinrichIrene said...

Unfortunately there is no recipe for obdience. I think of how time flies and how fast they grow, that gives me patience. Sometimes I just give them a hug and that makes us all peaceful again. If nothing helps they have to go to their room and "think". This way I have time to calm down too. I often think of how it will be when they grow up and then I'm glad that I 'm still in the phase of small children and have a lot of chances to "form" them.

Irene