Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sewing projects and little miss nosey

Yesterday we got a good start on the sewing projects.  My mother-in-law worked on the curtains, and I worked on the rag quilt.  Rowan really wanted to get in on the action too, so he sat with Grandma for a while, and of course, he slowed her down!  But, he got to experience something new, and 'helped' sew the curtains for his room.  Those got finished today, so now we need to get a curtain rod for him, and we're done!





~The curtains are hanging in Bria's room for now, since there's no rod in Rowan's room.

I managed to rip all the flannel into squares for the top of the quilt.  It was a lot of fun to lay the blocks out and find a good pattern.  I think I have them arranged the way I 
want them now.  Now I have to rip the fabric for the backing and 
cut the batting into squares.  Then the sewing begins!



This afternoon Bria was having a little nap, and she fell asleep with her finger on her nose!  It was so cute, I just had to take a picture!


9 comments:

Walter & Mel said...

Looks good Stacey! I'm thinking of heading into town tomorrow to buy the flannel. Excited and nervous all rolled into one. Thanks for giving me an idea!

Donna said...

I wish I could sew!

Your baby girl is so sweet. I love to watch babies sleep, they have the cutest positions!

I am sure the curtains will look wonderful in Rowan room.

Bruce and Heather said...

The quilt is going to look great!

Stam House said...

I'm having a wrap to give away on my blog you might be interrested to try to win this one!!!
Renee

Ontario Thiessens said...

That picture of Bria poking her nose in her sleep is hilarious! Way to go with the sewing projects, Stacey! Looks awesome!

Aunt Brenda

Stam House said...

just love the quilt!!!! and nose tuching picture is adorable!

Walter & Mel said...

How's the quilt coming along?

Alison Wolfe said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the finished quilt!

That is the cutest thing that Bria fell asleep like that. What a sweety. I'll have to come by and see her one of these days soon before she grows up too much!

Walter & Mel said...

I hope that you're getting some sleep tonight. I enjoyed talking to you this afternoon, however short it was, and wanted you to know that I'm praying for you. Keep smiling Stacey! If you want to make a play date for our busy kids, maybe we could meet at the park or something before it gets colder out? Just a thought.