Thursday, August 30, 2007

Trip & 1 Month Old!

We got back last night from a great visit with Keith's family.  Keith was able to help out quite a bit with combining the canola and wheat, but they weren't able to finish due to some unwanted rain.  Rowan, Bria, and I spent our days at the house, although Rowan did go visit Jayde and Kyle, and I got to visit Amy and Camry.  

Keith's mom finished sewing Bria's curtains, so as soon as I get those up, I will be posting a picture.  They look so good!

Rowan learned a few new words while we were there.  He can now say 'combine' 'canola' 'Stacey' 'Alyssa' 'Michelle' 'all better' 'frog' 'ribbit', and some more words that I just can't think of right now!  And yes, he did have fun chasing a frog, and almost killed it when he stepped on it!  He was trying to make it jump, but he stepped a bit too close!

While we were visiting Amy and Camry, the kids were playing outside.  All of a sudden we hear this screaming 'mommy, hey mommy!'  It was Rowan... all covered in tiny burrs!  We managed to get them out of his hair, but I still need to work on his shirt.  We don't know how exactly he found them, but it might have something to do with chasing a kitten!

Yesterday Rowan told me that he wanted to go home.  Then he started asking for Selah.  He talked about going to auntie's house to see Selah on the way home (at least til he fell alseep!).  When we got home, he cried because we told him he could only go there in the morning!  So, here is Rowan, finally visiting with Selah.





Bria is one month old today!  I can't believe how fast this time has flown by!  She's getting to be a big girl.  So far she has her own little rythym to the day, which includes being awake most of the day, but sleeping all afternoon!  She usually still gets up twice at night, but last night she only got up once!  I was so surprised, and thankful!  She's been such a little blessing in our house, as well as the normal baby 'extra work', but I like to look at the big picture, and how much joy she brings.  The 'hard times' of getting up at night and crying are so short.  Maybe I have this perspective because it is my second one, but it sure is nice not to dwell on the  negatives. 

Bria Marynn ~ One Month Old








Isn't my baby so sweet!

And finally, a contest for you to enter!

Drea is having a contest to give away a Snug Tug Minky Tag Blanket from Poppy Dot Designs.  These are super soft and cuddly looking.  Check it out at her blog.  Contest ends tomorrow, so get in quick!

17 comments:

Georganne said...

Beautiful children! And Yay! for cloth diapers! Great blog!

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm said...

I can't believe that she is already a month old...she is PRECIOUS!!!!

I love the babylegs! ;-)

Sheila said...

Hey, the leggings fit?

Mom said...

Selah was pretty excited to see him too - even Nana doesn't get such an excited smile YET! How adorable!!!

Donna said...

Bria is so precious, somedays I would give anything to have a little baby, and most days I am glad I don't=) But she is adorable!

When I was glancing a the pic (before I read) i was thinking gee, Bria looks so old, it was really Selah,What cute names those girls have!

Seems like you are all adjusting just fine!

Andrea said...

Awww...those are THE CUTEST PICTURES EVER!!! Yep, they are. :) And I'm glad you had a fun time...even though Rowan found a burr patch! hehe :)

Ellen said...

wow! after all that waiting isn't it hard to believe that you've already got a 1 month old!! She's so precious and yes I'm jealous :) for another few weeks anyway :) That's awesome that you got to visit Amy! I bet she's just waiting already too :) Love the pics

aunt Monika said...

Bria is adorable. And when did she lose her dark hair? She's looking like Rowan.

Gina said...

I love the first pic of Bria, that outfit is so cute, and those leggings.... So CUTE!!!

Stacey said...

~Thanks Georganne!

~Auntie Sheila
Yup! They are so great. Thanks again!

~Auntie Monika
Her hair is definately looking more and more like Rowan's! It's lightened a fair bit already. Selah's too actually.

~Gina
I have Auntie Sheila to thank for those!

Stam House said...

she is so sweet, and look at that hair, such a cutie

Cindi said...

I'm delurking! Your kids are adorable! Is it ever a small world! Amy is my cousin! That's cool that you know her! How did you guys meet? At NBI??

Gina said...

My first seemed to be a baby for a lifetime. My second...only minutes it seemed. Both of yours are just adorable.

Jobina said...

Just looking at Bria's pictures I can just imagine what she must feel like. Lucky you! Give her a squish for me!

Drea said...

awe she looks so much like Rowan, the hair! did you get the package yet? :-) love her baby legs

Dianna said...

Yup I agree an adorable family you have yourself there. Congratulations and enjoy. I enjoyed the pictures. So sweet.neat job!!

Ontario Thiessens said...

Believe me, it will be a blink of an eye! So, continue to cherish these precious moments. Both Rowan and Bria are very cute by the way.
Aunt Brenda