Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What I've been up to

So, obviously life with a two year old and a newborn is BUSY!!  I sure don't have the time to blog like I used to.  Now I'm a bit more concerened with catching a quick afternoon nap than posting on my blog.  I do have help this week though, which has been SOOO good!  Keith's mom came on Monday, and she's been a huge help with Rowan, and just general stuff like cooking and laundry.  I'll be sad to see her go... and so will Rowan!  My parents have been gone on vacation since right after Bria was born, so I haven't been able to go there for 'help' or advice, so it's great to have Keith's mom here.

Today we went and bought fabric to make curtains for both of the kids rooms.  I had never put curtains in Rowan's room, he just had a sheet hanging in the window, how uncool!!  Now he will have curtains that match his new blanket.  There was a great sale on at Fabricland, so I also bought fabric to make a rag quilt for Bria.  Needless to say, I spent a lot of money on fabric!  BUT, it will be super cute, and way nicer than anything I could buy in the store.


~Fabric for Bria's curtains.  The light blue is for a swag.


Fabrics for the rag quilt.


This is what a rag quilt looks like, in case you were wondering.


Fabric for Rowan's curtains and a pillowcase.  It's the same as the back of the blanket I made for him.

*Bria Update*
Bria is such a little sweetheart so far!  She usually goes anywhere from 3-4 hours between nursing, which is AWESOME!!  Rowan nursed way more often, and it really tired me out!  She sleeps well at night, only waking up twice.  She is very content during the day, and only gets cranky if she stays awake too long.  We're really enjoying her.  


Napping this afternoon.

Rowan still loves to hold and kiss her a lot, which is so cute!  It's amazing how big he seems now!  He even seems heavier now that I'm used to carrying a baby.  One hard thing so far has been not having enough time to spend with Rowy.  I hope he'll be okay with the lack of time that we have together.


Rowan holding Bria on Sunday.

I've been doing pretty good too.  I cried a lot after having Rowan, because it's so overwhelming being a new mom.  This time I knew what to expect, so I'm also dealing with it better.

~Contests
Here's a few contests that I just had to get in on too!

Renee is giving away a reusable designer shopping bag from My Conservation Baby.  I've been meaning to buy some bags simiilar to this for a long time... maybe I can win one!  And for something else 'green' that I've been doing is cloth diapers!!  I can't wait to start with Bria.  So far we're still using disposables, since we have some.  For some reason I can't save the picture of this bag, so you'll have to check it out at Renee's blog.

Drea is giving away a great toddler backpack from Four Peas.  I can just imagine Rowan walking around with his bag.  I'm sure it would contain his drumstcks and guitar picks!!  I"m pretty sure he'd look dashing with 'Funky Monkey'!


Momviews is giving away a pair of shoes from UMI.  Rowan is growing so fast and is in need of some new shoes.  I love 'Sierra' for him, or 'Sofia' for Bria.




Blessed Nest is giving away a $100 gift certificate to their store.  I'd love to try their sour lime/ginger lip balm, as well as the organic kaleidescope nesting pillow.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Stacey! Glad to hear everything is going well for you and Bria..and keith and Rowey of course. I absolutely love the fabric you bought! Beautiful!
Love ya'll

Stam House said...

Thanks for entering the contest! Your choices of fabric look awesome. I love the big brother love in th pic sooo cute!!!!

Hoping you'll be able to rest, live with a newborn get's busy at time!!!

Walter & Mel said...

A rag quilt! What a neat idea! Is it easy? I'm thinkin' maybe I should do that for Jolee & Kenna's blankets. It looks so soft and unique.

I'm glad to hear that Bria is taking longer intervals between feeding. I hope that the feeding is going well for you. And you're soooo right about how the oldest child looks and feels heavier/older after baby #2 is born. I was given the advice of reading stories to Jolee while I fed Kenna, or talking to her, letting her help burp her, etc. It really helped her feel included.

Take it easy, Stacey. I look forward to seeing the finished products for the kids rooms!

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

I love the fabric you picked! Can't wait to make one for our Muffin

Ellen said...

Hi Stacey!! I'm so glad that things seem to be going well! I am hoping I will be as lucky to have a happy, easygoing #2 - the fabric you picked out is beautiful, hopefully it won't be too hard to find time to actually sew it :)

Walter & Mel said...

Okay Stacey - now you've got me really hooked on the idea of making a rag quilt. I'm scared to start though!

Stacey said...

~Mel
If you have basic sewing skills, it's pretty easy. It just takes time. If you do want to make one. I'd suggest buying your flannel this week, since it's 50% off! Let me know if you need help!

Walter & Mel said...

50% off! Where?

Drea said...

I love that fabric!!! I really need to buy a sewing machine.

mj aka sugarmama said...

Thank you for joining in at Umi Giveaway MomViews.net!

Just want to remind you that MomViews is a weekly feature review site and will also do a giveaway every week.

So come and take another chance and win the cool Diaper Vest this time. An $82.00 giveaway. Good Luck!

:-) MJ
http://www.MomViews.net