Thursday, September 13, 2007

Invitation For You! *Updated with pictures of my YUMMY pizza sauce!!

I want to invite you all (at least those of you who live close enough!) to and evening of Praise & Worship at our church tonight at 7:00.  If you would like to know where it is, email me at keithandstacey@gmail.com.  We'd love to see you all there!

I hope to update this post later, after I make some yummy pizza sauce to can.  For now though, I thought I'd let you all know that my little girl only woke up at 4:30 this morning to nurse!  We're making progress!!  I though she was up for the morning at 8:00, but she's sound asleep on our bed now, after nursing again.

Okay, talk to you later!!

*I'm back!  Just finished making my pizza sauce, and boy does it ever smell AMAZING in my house!!  There's nothing like that onion, garlic, spicey, tomatoey smell!!  I had blended all my tomatoes the other day, trying to use my time wisely!!  Today I just had to chop the veggies, throw it all in the pot, and let it simmer for an hour!  Then I put it all in the jars.  I got 10 small jars (they hold 1 cup) and 2 large pasta sauce jars (they hold 3 cups).  I use the small ones for pizza, and the large ones when I make a meat sauce for pasta.  This sauce is so good for
both.  This is the third batch of this sauce I've made this fall, and I'm going
 to do 1 or 1 1/2 more.  Can't wait to try it again.  Every year I get excited about filling my pantry with home canned goodness!!  Here's a few pictures from this morning.


The jars I brought up from the pantry... still waiting to be washed and filled!


My big pot of tomatoey goodness!!


The finished product!  YUMMY!


4 comments:

Donna said...

Sorry, Don't live close or I would come to a worship time!

Do share how you make your sauce, I wasted a bunch of tomatoes because I was intimidated and never made sauce before.

You can e-mail it to me if you don't want to post it!

Ellen said...

Actually, you should post the recipe! I would like to make some pizza sauce this year and don't have a 'tried and tested' good recipe :)

Amber said...

mmmmm I just finished making pizza sauce today too! Isn't it exciting to see the jars and know that you won't have to buy any for a while??!

Stacey said...

Well, you can tell I just posted the recipe!

~Amber,
I know, it's super nice to not have to buy pizza sauce ever!