Friday, September 07, 2007

My latest project

I found the link on Drea's blog a while back for making your own baby leg warmers (like Babylegs).  I have received one really pretty pair of Babylegs as a gift, and I love them!  I would love to have a pair in every colour!  So, I decided to try and make some.  I finally found some knee high socks at WalMart the other day, so I pulled out my Mom's sewing machine and tried my hand at this new project.  The first pair have a little issue, because the phone rang in the middle of me trying to figure something out, so I sewed it together wrong.  I still need to rip out the stiches and try again.  The other two pairs though look great !  I love the polkadots!



This morning I found Rowan sitting in the living room 'reading' a book called 'The Heavenly Man'.  It's the story of a missionary.  Anyway, it is not a children's book and has no pictures, yet he often asks me to read it to him!  Strange how he seems to enjoy it.



This morning Keith was also home for a bit (he is right now, which is why I am quickly posting!).  I kind of like it when he's in and out, or just pops in to drop something off!  I tend to really miss him during the day.  He's so good at helping me with the kids when he is home too.  Yesterday I actually washed my dishes right after supper!!  That's pretty rare around here.



Just a reminder to those of you who haven't signed up to go to the Blogger Brunch yet.  Make sure you don't forget!  Email bloggerbrunch@hotmail.com to reserve your spot.  I can't wait to meet you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so curious as to what Rowan will be like when he's older. Musician? Athlete? Missionary? Loud? Quiet? He's such a unique kid...my favorite nephew, actually!
Love ya,
Auntie Lyssa

Stam House said...

those babylegs look so nice, you did a great job on them!!!!

Wow grown up book! Start planning a mission he as a heart for it!

Andrea said...

Yep...i have the do your own babylegs site saved on my favorites...just haven't made any yet, so you're ahead of me!! :) And Rowan still likes the missionary book, huh? He is so funny and cute!! :)

Stam House said...

what is make your own babyleg site I would like to try to make them!