Monday, September 10, 2007

Peanut Butter and Bananas!

Yesterday was such a gorgeous day.  As a very first youth event of the year, we took the youth hiking in the Pembina Valley, at the Provincial Park.  Crazy me, I decided to go along, with Bria!  So we had our first experience with the wrap that I made.  It worked great!  Although, after 6.5 KM, I wasn't feeling quite as enthusiastic anymore!  Lots of up and downhill hiking can be a bit tough when you are carrying someone!  We brought the camera along, thinking we could get some fun pictures, but then we didn't feel like carrying it for such a long hike, so I don't even have  a good babywearing picture for you!  By the way, to those of you who are wondering, I made my wrap for about $8, and it worked so good!  For those of you who can't afford to spend $ on babywearing, I would totally recommend making your own!

Lately I've really been enjoying peanut butter for some reason.  I found this recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Muffins the other day, so I tried it out.  They are so yummy!  They use Nutri Blend flour from Robin Hood, which I didn't have, so I substituted white flour mixed with some flax and oatmeal.  Here's the recipe for those of you who are craving a little peanut butter today!

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

1/3 cup Canola Oil
1/2 cup Milk
1 Egg
3/4 cup Mashed Ripe Banana (about 2 bananas)
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 cups Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend
2/3 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 375F.  
Combine wet ingredients in one bowl, and dry ingredients in another.  Stir together until just combined.  
Divide into lined or greased muffin  tins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
ENJOY!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

hmm those muffins seem like they would be yummy!! I loved the garden pics and that was really ambitious of you to go hiking!! I was curious how the pay per blog thing is going for you.. have you gotten paid yet? do you find it's worth it?

Stam House said...

I love pennut butter!!! with babana wow this is teh best combination!!!
Now we need a picture of that wrap!!

Andrea said...

Mmmm...sounds like a good recipe! I'll havta try it out! :) Thanks for the feedback on my blog too! I know the contests were getting kinda boring or whatever, but I tried to do a 'real' post after most of my contest posts just like you do for the Payu2blog stuff...but I made a new page for just contests now, so my plan is to keep all the contests over there! I've been wanting to make it for a while now, and finally did it this morning! Yay! :) Anyways, I was wondering, is that payu2blog thing hard to get signed up for and all? I'm possibly thinking of doing that too...

Liane said...

During the hike I felt like lying down on the ground and saying "Just leave me behind, I'll stay here!"
But I knew if I wanted to get home, I had to keep going. We can be proud that we did it though!

I can't say I'm craving peanut butter, (yuk) but I'm sure Warren would enjoy them. So I might try them one day.

- Liane