Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Homemaking Survey

Yesterday I was doing my daily 'blog run', and I was so encouraged to read a bit of Anna's story on Renee's blog.  So, I clicked on the link and went to check out her blog.  This woman has totally got her head on straight!  How awesome to find someone who is willing to be a homemaker and is diligently seeking to learn as much as she can about it before she gets married!  Anyway, from there I checked out the blog of one of her commenters, where I found this little homemaking ABC survey.  Enjoy!


Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
I don't usually wear one, but I do have a pretty frilly green apron that was a wedding gift from a lady in our church.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
I love to try new things, so I'm always looking for a new recipe to try!  

Clothesline – Y/N?
Yes!!  Although I should use it more than I do... somedays it is mcuh quicker to throw it all in the dryer!

Donuts – Have you ever made them Y/N?
Not yet....I have several different recipes to try though.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Cook supper.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
No, but I would LOVE to have one!

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Hmmm... since baking and cooking are two of my favorite things, I use recipezaar.com a lot!

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Hate it, but I do love a nice wrinkle-free shirt!

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Yes.  One in the kitchen, and a spot in one of my closets.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Having a good supper ready when Keith comes home from work all tired and hungry!

Mop – Y/N?
Yes, I mop.


Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Both...it depends on what I am cooking or baking.

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Farmer Sausage, green peppers, onion, mushrooms, cheese, and my yummy homemade sauce!

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
No.  I have a lot of books, and some magazines.

Style of house – What style is your house?
We live in a 3 bedroom bungalo that was built in the 1960's.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized

Vacuum – How many times per week?
Our vacuum cleaner SUCKS!!  (Haha)  So, when the floor looks like it needs to be vacuumed, I try, but it doesn't get a whole lot better.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Hmm.. 3 or 4 loads of diapers, and probably 5 or 6 other loads.

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Not usually, but I seem to get a lot more done if I make a list!

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
 I'm not organized enough to have the same task everyday at the same time!!  But, I DO tuck in the kids, and then check on them one last time before I crawl into bed!  Then Keith and I have a chance to talk and relax.

I'm not going to tag anyone, because I just borrowed this idea, but if you would like to try this, go ahead!!

5 comments:

Tanya, the Super Mom said...

that's a great one! I borrowed it form you :)

Stam House said...

That this a great post Stacy! Thanks for sharing all of your homemaking skill!!!!

Renee

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm said...

I need to take this!! ...mmmmm in the mean time I need to go bake some DONUTS!!MMMMM!

Shanilie said...

What a neat idea. I think I will def. try this one! Isn't it great that we can get encouragement from other online bloggers :)

Stam House said...

This post as encorage me to bake to coem visit to see more recipes!!!