Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Our Crazy Weekend!

Alright, take a deep breath!  Our weekend was full to the max!!  We started off with our youth lock-in from Friday night to Saturday.  Unfortunately, it was raining, so we didn't play the game we had planned.  We WILL be doing it at a later date though, so I'm not going to divulge just yet!  Bria wasn't doing so well (AKA she didn't want to sleep there!), so she and I went home around midnight.  I can't say that I was all bad that I had to leave, because that meant I could get a few hours of sleep in!  But, I wish I could have been there for the rest of the fun!  I hope all of the youth had a blast, and that they will continue to come to youth group.  It's so awesome to see so many teens come out!  I think there were 35 at the lock-in, which is a long way from the 8-10 kids that came at the beginning of last year!!

Okay, then we had Saturday.  We had a great family gathering at Uncle Dave & Auntie Kathy's place for Thanksgiving.  So much food and good family fellowship!  My littlest cousing, Gideon, was so cute!  He's almost 15 months old, and he doesn't walk yet, at least not on his feet!  He 'walks' on his knees!  He's pretty fast too.  He had fun 'visiting' with all of his aunties and uncles.  He's so cuddly and cute!

Rowan also had fun with Madeline, Gideon's big sister who is 3.  They kept giving each other hugs, which finally resulted in Madeline falling and hitting her head really hard.  Thankfully I think she was okay.

On Sunday, we spent some time with my Grandma & Grandpa Wolfe in the afernoon, and then hurried home to meet Keith's family at our place!  Rowan was also complaining about his ear, but seemed to be fine when we got home.  I sure hope he's not going to get an ear infection.

We had a great time with Keith's family.  Keith's mom had lost her voice, so things were pretty quiet.  We were all whispering more than usual, since she could only whipser!  Rowan even got to go to the 'Big M in the sky' a.k.a McDonalds!  Grandpa thought that would be a nice guys morning out adventure.  I believe they also enjoyed some mudding in the truck!  Stacey turns 19 today!!  Happy Birthday!!

Well, the kiddos are calling, so I'll leave you with a couple pictures.


Grandpa and his little girl!

Stacey  enjoying some Phase 10

4 comments:

Michelle said...

i forgot my magnets! And it's not b/c i didn't want them;) Great idea Stacey. I guess i'll have to come back and get them.(okay, maybe not) Thanks for a great weekend. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Stam House said...

Briana is so beautiful!

Shanilie said...

What a weekend! Aren't card games a great way to wind down and enjoy some family time?!

Stacey said...

~Michelle
I'll be in the city on Oct. 22. Maybe I can drop off your magnets and mom's coat.

~Renee
Thanks!

~Shanilie
Yup, we had a great game of Dutch Blitz too.