Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bria tried to roll over!

After lunch, I put Bria on the floor for a little tummy time. Right away she pushed herself on to her side like she was trying to roll over! She's never tried this before, and I was really surprised, so I whipped out the camera and got a few shots!

Also, during lunch today, Rowan looks at the pot of soup (yes, I put my pots on the table when there is no company over!) and says, "Now I can play with the other Rowan!" He saw his reflection in the pot, and decided that he wanted to play with that Rowan! Silly silly boy!

This morning he sang almost the whole ABC song!! He forgot 2 or 3 letters, but it was really good! We've only been saying the ABC's with him for a few days, and he's totally got them memorized! Next we'll have to get him to recognize what they look like. It's so much fun to watch him learn.

Oh, and for those of you who wonder what he sings about all day, here are his three favorites right now:
the first consists of "I need to pee..." mixed with a bunch of jibberish words in between
the second is "I like Jana...." also with jibberish
the third is "Jesus loves the Little Children"

There are a few others he sings, but these are the most frequent.

Now it's off to have a shower before Bria wakes up, and then she has her 4 month check up. Should be fun!

5 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

Wow, Rowan sings, plays drums and from that picture a couple posts down he likes guitar too. I hope you guys are planning on having an empty garage for his band to practice in when he gets older! Mind you, it seems like he could be the entire act!

Ellen said...

wow your gurl is growing up so fast!! (mind you so is mine) that's great that Rowan's singing his abc's already, I just started with TJ to say all of them after I say them (to pronounce the letters).. it is so fun to watch them learn

Andrea said...

Awww...look at her rollin'! And yes, I put pots on the table too when we don't have company...pretty much every day actually! haha :)

The Pauls' said...

2 year olds are so much fun. I have never believed the cliche 'terrible twos' Yes, there may be some extra challenges, but think of the world they have to learn about and explore! We have had a 2 year old in our home for so many years we have been well entertained!
So your not supposed to put soup pots on the table :) OOPS!

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

It is so great to communicate with Rowan! I remember our trip last years, when all he said was Nooooo!

I hope you had a great time yesterday! And by the way... I put my pots on the table too!

- Liane