Friday, November 02, 2007

Thanks everyone!

Well, I'm not going to come on here and say that everything is going so much better, but I do want to thank you all for your encouragement.  It's nice to know that I'm not the only one to go through this.  It would just be nice to know when it will all be over!

Today was slightly better, although it is now 10:51 pm and Rowan is still not sleeping!  He's been out of his room at least 5 times already, and I'm not sure how to get him to stay in his bed. Hmm...  I think he's just too excited about seeing Grandma & Grandpa Friesen tomorrow!  He told me he was tired of sleepin'.  Where does he come up with these things?!

In other news, Bria is 3 months old already!!  I can't believe how she has grown and changed in just 3 short months!!  It really feels like she was just born, and now she's cooing and smiling and looking around at the world around her.  She gives me such big smiles sometimes, it's so cute!  She's definitely growing too... my back is sooo sore.  I can't wait to get my Mei Tai from Amy May!!  It's on it's way to me already... not a moment too soon!  I will take some pictures yet, I just haven't taken the time (I know, horrible mommy!).

Right now I feel like my head is going to explode, so I think it's time for bed.  Thanks again to all of you who took the time to leave a comment the other day.  It made my day just a little bit brighter!


6 comments:

Cindi said...

I don't know if it would keep Rowan in his room or if he'd climb over, but when Chloe won't stay in her room, I put the baby gate up in front of her door. She doesn't like it, but she does stay in her room.

Jobina said...

I love your honesty and forthrightness Stacey, it's one of the things I've ALWAYS loved about you. It's not all better yet, and that's ok. It will get better. You have such a great support group, such wonderful family, utilize your resources and remember, you are not alone! Everyones kids go through good and bad spells, sometimes in the span of 5 minutes! Hang in there! For the bed thing...I'm a firm believer in Supernanny. She tells the child "it's your bedtime. You have to go to your room" the first time and walks them there. Second time she just says "bedtime" and walks them there. After that she silently walks them back to their room over and over til they stop. It always works eventually, maybe it would work for Rowan? I know anytime the Grandparents are coming though, my kids have a hard time sleeping too!

Ellen said...

I know I didn't comment on your last post (altho I was going to) but I definately know where you are coming from.. especially with a 2 yr old.. I also have one that doesn't like to listen and really likes to say 'no' right now.. even tho that's not what he normally does. I have found it really helps to give him two options, he can do it or mommy can do it for him and then he can choose (like he can go back in his room or mommy can help him go back in his room) it can make him feel more in control of his own choices.. an idea anyway.. too bad I won't see you at alumni, I figure I'm either brave or stupid for trying to go :) probably both

Stam House said...

I haven't been reading much about all of you lately but hope everything is well
Renee

Tornado said...

maybe he gets it from keith

Shanilie said...

I hope he starts sleeping more. I know lack of sleep is a terrible feeling. When I get a good night's sleep I feel like a new person. Even when Jacob is up for five minutes at night after having a bad dream it completely ruins my week. Hang in there. Praying for you all.