Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hallelujah!

Okay, so I'm feeling a bit better today, except that I am now getting a sore throat! I just can't win. My kids are also still suffering with their nasty colds. Rowan is currently STILL awake at 10:45 because he has a runny nose. He just cried for me to come and 'get the boogers out of his nose' as he put it. Poor little guy. I hope he gets a good sleep tonight.

Yesterdays potluck was a lot of fun! We had a great time visiting, eating, and playing Cranium. I forgot to bring my camera though :( Rowan had tons of fun running around and playing with Jana. She has a little ball pit in her room, which I'm sure Rowan loved!

This evening Keith had to go to work again. On one hand it's nice that he was home during the day, but on the other hand, I still miss him in the evening! Rowan, Bria and I went to the High School Senior Christmas concert. Dustin (my youngest brother) was in the band and the choir. The band was by far the best part of the evening! Dustin plays trumpet really well, and I know that Rowan had a blast watching all those instruments! The choir was pretty good, but the vocal jazz group was lacking a bit this year. That was really disappointing to me, since that was my favorite part of high school. I used to sing with that group and I miss it!

At the end of the concert, it is the GVC tradition to invite members of the audience to join the choir on stage to sing the Hallelujah Chorus. Of course I always go! Let me tell you though, I think I need to start singing that song more than once a year! My vocal range is definitely not what it used to be!!! Those really high soprano notes are but a memory for me! I stood there with my mouth open and just faked it.

Now, goodnight to you all. Make sure you sleep well for me, and pass that rested feeling on to me! I could really use a full nights sleep with no interruptions. Bria hasn't caught on to the 'sleeping through the night' thing yet.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hey there! Hopefully you're all feeling better by now:) It's no fun to be sick, that's for sure!

Isn't it funny how quickly you lose vocal abilities? I can't sing nearly as long as I used to. 15 minutes, and my voice is shot...just goes to prove that we need to sing more often, I guess:) Speaking of which...

Anyways, glad you had a good evening with the kids!