Friday, December 28, 2007

Why do I even bother...

Last night was one of many bad night in a row. I guess I should just consider my sleeping time to be over around 2:30 am, because that seems to be the cutoff these days. Between Bria and Rowan, I might get to dose for half an hour to an hour in between getting up. It leaves me very frustrated in the mornings, and I really don't feel like getting up.

I've been trying (not very effectively) to get Bria to fall asleep again without nursing at 2:30 or 3:00 in the morning. Last night it took about 45 minutes til she stopped talking in her bed and finally fell asleep again. I got up a few times to give her her Wubbanub and swaddle her again. She seems to wiggle out of her blankets so easily, and then she can't fall asleep.

Rowan has been sleeping really good lately, but last night he was talking in his sleep I think, so I went to check on him. I just tucked his blankets in a bit and he didn't seem to notice.

I'm hoping that we'll all get a bit more rest this weekend when we go to Keith's parents house. It's always interesting to see how the kids will react to us all sleeping in the same room. I might just have to bring Rowan's fan (the one that doesn't actually blow any air, but just makes noise) so we can't hear every little move the kids make.

On that note, I'm very excited to be heading north. We will be celebrating Christmas together, and we will FINALLY get to meet Stacey's boyfriend, Darren. They've been dating for almost a year, and we have yet to actually see him! (He lives a few hours away, so it's not like they see each other much either.) He's coming over on Sunday, so I hope we'll have a good time, and he won't be too nervous!

Well, I'm off to do the million things on my list for today, including laundry, packing our bags, making something simple to eat in the car while we drive, sewing a wetbag to take along for the dirty diapers, and having a shower (hopefully!). I hope I can get it all done. Yikes!

2 comments:

Drea said...

hang in there. as far as swaddling her. i did the egyptian swaddling method with taite until he was like 5 months. worked great... im sure u can google it.

Stam House said...

Just want to stop by to wish you Happy new year!!!!!
Renee