Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A lot of sadness today...

Today has been a bit of a sad day. I met a new mom, with a super cute little boy. He is 1 1/2. He doesn't have a daddy. I spent a few minutes talking to the mother, and my heart just broke for her.

She is living here with her parents because her husband doesn't want her or her son anymore. He is an alcoholic and wants nothing to do with them. While she went back to try and reconcile with him a few months ago, she got pregnant again. So now she will have 2 children to raise on her own.

She just seemed desperate for a friend and for someone to talk to. I hope I will see her around again, and that she will continue to find other moms to talk with.

The second thing that just made me want to cry today is a girl that Keith went to school with. She is dying, and may already be dead at this point. Her organs are all shutting down, including her heart. She was a Christian, so we know she is going home to be with Jesus, but it's so hard to see someone so young have to go through such pain, and then die. She was on staff with YWAM in Vancouver, and had such a passion for God.

The third thing that made me sad today was something that isn't too fresh anymore, but I was just reminded of it today. It is Dan & Laura's little baby Mya. I happened to check out Laura's facebook page today, and looked at the pictures of their beautiful little girl. It's so hard to even fathom how horrible it was to lose a child. One that they never got to really meet. I'm so thankful that they will be having another baby this year. I hope that this little one will be strong and healthy.

And there was one more thing. My blogging friend Steph has a friend who just miscarried her twin boys. How awful. Why does this stuff have to happen? I mean, I realize that this is a fallen world, and that is why, but just WHY?

Sorry there are no happy pictures today, and no stories about fun things. Maybe another day.

5 comments:

DavenHeather said...

none of it seems fair... sad that we lost renee... it really sucks.

ONTARIO THIESSENS said...

It's sad, some people go through such huge trials, and it's even harder if they don't have God in their life. Stacey, maybe you'll be able to continue being an encouragement to this single mom that you met.

~Aunt Brenda

charlotte said...

Stacey,
I believe that God lead me to your blog today. I have never been on it before and I come to find your post, with such desperate emotion. You are a very sensitive and caring young woman and just the fact that you are willing to allow God to use you in such a caring way is a gift to Him.
I would like to leave you with a phone number for CRISIS PREGNANCY CENTRE. We are a nonprofit christian organization that helps women in Crisis Pregnancies, infant lose, and so many other things. We would love to be there for these hurting women, encourage them, support them and love them. Things won't stay this way forever, things will look differant one day again.
I know that you realize that we live in a fallin world and during this lenten season it is a good reminder that for this, all the pain, is why He came, died and rose again.
I hope that you find this number helpful. It is a center in Winnipeg, Manitoba but we have referals all across the country. Bless you my dear.
1-800-665-0570. or 204-772-2828.
We are a 24 hr. crisis line and would love to get these women help.

Sheila said...

As I write this I'm thinking people will think of me as a very cold-hearted person, but, these are my beliefs and I'm sticking to it. I do beleive the trials and tribulations that are put in front of us are given to us to make us grow as individuals. If we never experienced hard times how would we grow and become stronger?
As well, these times are placed in front of us to show us that we really need to rely on God for everything.
If I had not experienced all that I've gone through in my life, I know that I would not have the relationship with God that I do now.
I'm not saying this to undermine those who are going through tragic situations, such as the girl who went to school with Keith - that is terribly sad.

Another difficult part of life for some women is miscarriage, and I think especially for those women who have carried their baby into their 2nd or 3rd trimesters and have given birth to a still born. i can't even imagine how difficult that would be.
I miscarried at 4 weeks between Zach and Levi, I grieved for about 2 weeks, and then moved on. i was just so grateful that we already had 1 healthy child.
I know a number of women who will grieve for months if not years after miscarrying within their first trimester, and dwelling on it doesn't help. There was nothing that could of prevented the miscarriage, and nothing that can bring the baby back. And that is where total submission and relying on God's warm embrace can ease the burden. Yes this sounds cold and maybe rather harsh, and I understand that we're all wired differently, and how we react to life's uncertainties and tragedies.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 says it best:

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant, and a time to uproot,
a time to kill, and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

So that is my little "spiel" for the day. Some issues press harder on my heart than others, and I guess this was one of them.

Stacey said...

Thanks for your comments everyone!

Charlotte, I will try to give this number to the woman I met, as long as I see her again.

Sheila, thanks so much for your words! I need to remind myself of that more often. Though I don't think it's bad for someone to grieve, it's good that you were able to move past that pretty quickly. I'm not sure if you were thinking of Dan and Laura, but that is a totally different situation. Their little girl was perfectly fine until the day she was born, and then something went wrong. She only lived about a day or two. To watch your child suffer and die would be much worse I think.