Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Yummy Enchiladas

I'm sitting here trying to think of what to make for supper. This can be a very frustrating time of my day. I think I'm going to make something with chicken. If you are having trouble thinking of what to make for supper, here's an idea. (I'm not making this today because I plan to make it later in the week!)

I LOVE Enchiladas. There aren't too many foods out there that are better! Here is one of my favorite recipes. It's super easy, and can be switched up a bit for whatever you happen to have on hand.

Easy Enchiladas

Filling:
1 lb ground beef (or ground chicken or turkey would work too)
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp chopped onion

Fry this all until beef is browned. Then add:

1/2 can tomato soup


Sauce:
1 1/2 cans tomato soup (I've used tomato sauce, tomato juice, and crushed tomatoes. They all work, just adjust the seasoning then!)
2-3 Tbsp taco seasoning (you could use more if you want, but then it gets pretty salty, since the soup is already salty)
Water to make the sauce whatever consistency you like!

Heat the soup and seasoning together, add water.

Spread some of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Fill tortillas (whatever size you have!) with the beef mixture, roll them up, and then place them in the pan.
Spread remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

Bake @ 350 F til the cheese is melted and bubbling.

I usually serve this with rice. The sauce tastes really good on the rice!

9 comments:

Jobina said...

Yum! That looks really good! I've always spiced my sauce myself, but these would be great especially in a pinch. Thanks!

Andrea said...

This does sound good...and easy. I love easy recipes! ;) And yeah...I know exactly what you mean...it's usually like 4pm and I'm wracking my brain trying to think of what to make for supper!! Just one question though...do you put these in a casserole dish in the oven, or just like a cake pan, or on a cookie sheet? Just wondering cuz you said 'pan'...but I wasn't sure what kind of pan you meant. :)

Sheila said...

This recipe sounds similar to mine. Very tasty!
I'm looking forward to getting back into the cooking groove next week. Can't believe that i actually miss cooking! I guess a vacation is good for something!

Erin said...

Those sound soooooooo yummy!!!!

Peter & Irene said...

That looks very yummi.I think i try this recipe. Its very hard to know , what to cook.

WE have a blog ,too. But it is in germany. peterirenenoah is the name.

Have a nice day

Irene

Gina said...

Sounds similar to mine, I will have to try yours though!

Ellen said...

That's a good recipe, just so you all know :) I tried it and got the thumbs up from husband and son!

Travis, Rosey and Zipporah Zacharias said...

Hi Stacey,
It was great to hear from you? Wow you have 2 kids already, that's great. Travis and I are really enjoying our little girl. Yes I do remember you from Camp, some days I really miss camp, I always loved it. We bought cloth diapers after a friend showed hers to me. We bought Mommy's touch all in one easy clean. We really like them, and they are saving us a lot of money:)
You mentioned about the tankless water heater... well here in Paraguay we use one. We only have hot water in the shower. The shower head has a coil in it that heats the water. The greater the water pressure the colder the water. Our water pressure comes from a tank that's up high on a tower in the backyard. It works pretty good but this type of shower head would make a pretty chilly shower in the winter in Canada.
It was really great to hear from you.

MommyKnows said...

Mmmm ... these sound good and seem pretty easy too! Just my kind of recipe.