Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day Teaser... Keep reading to find out more!


OK, so the only reason that I did this is because my camera battery died while I was trying to take pictures! Just FYI, if your 2 year old finds your camera battery and sucks on it, the life of the battery is greatly reduced!

Anyway, here's what you've all been waiting for!

I figured our Valentine's Day would be pretty uneventful, since we didn't have a babysitter. I planned on eating a nice dinner, and then putting the kids to bed so Keith and I could be alone for a while. Well, Keith had other plans!

He called me from work about 4:30 or 5:00 (I can't quite remember!) and asked what I was up to. I was washing dishes and preparing dinner. He asked if the kids could go to bed earlier tonight, because he had found a babysitter and wanted to take me out for coffee! Yay! So, that was pretty awesome.

We got both kids in bed and headed out the door by about 9 pm. Irina, Dustin and Cornelia came over. (For those who don't know them, Irina and Cornelia are sisters that attend our youth group, and Dustin is my younger brother.) They brought a movie to pass the time, which was just fine with us! I remember how bored I got when I babysat sleeping children! I usually ended up washing the dishes for them and then finding a good book to read.

Back to the story! While we were driving, Keith asks me if I found my rings yet... DUH, of course not! He asked if he should take his rings off so it didn't look like something was going on between us that shouldn't at the coffee shop! I said that might be a good idea, we could pretend we were dating again. Then he asked me if I checked my jacket pockets for my rings... so I did, because by this time I was getting a little suspicious! Nothing but gum, keys, a few receipts, and some smarties in my pockets. Keith asked if I had any pockets inside my jacket. By this time, I was pretty sure I knew what was happening!

So, there you have it... I GOT NEW RINGS!!!!!! Keith had contacted the insurance company to see if they were covered, and we just have to pay the deductable, which is kind of high, but at least we get something! And, Keith was feeling pretty generous and decided to upgrade the diamonds to the next size up! It's the same style as my old rings, which I love.
I also surprised Keith, with a watch! I have never seen him wear one, although he told me that he had owned a few watches before. It was fun to surprise him with something! He usually figures things out before.
Oh yeah, and we went to Morden for coffee, to the little coffee shop, which I cannot for the life of me remember the name of! It was so good. What did you do?

12 comments:

Gina said...

What's in the box?!!! My guess, maybe a new wedding band??!! Tell us!!

Jobina said...

Way to go Keith! Plus the upgrade, very nice!

Gina said...

Oh Wow!! You are one lucky girl. They are beautiful! Are they white or yellow gold?

Stacey said...

They are white gold.

Jay Boaz said...

Thatta boy Keith! Glad to hear you guys had a great Valentine's!

Jay

Alyssa said...

Wow! That's so sweet!

Mark said...

Keith, you are a stud. You know that, right? Well done!

Andrea said...

I KNEW it as soon as I saw the 1st picture. :) That is the sweetest Valentine's gift ever from Keith. And I like your idea too!!!

Melanie said...

Aw, that's wonderful! How thoughtful of Keith to get babysitters lined up for a nice time with just the two of you! And a huge plus - some nice shiny new rings!

Elaine said...

WWWWOOOOWWWW!!!!

Erin said...

awwwwww, I was so excited for you when I read this, yay!!!!!!! Glad you had such a fun day!!! :-)

melissa said...

I'm so happy you have rings again! And upgraded, that's awesome. And you made me laugh with your descriptions of us girls! Thanks!