Thursday, February 28, 2008

What is TV anyway... & Mei Tai for sale

The last few days have been a bit frustrating for me, and Rowan. About a week ago, he woke up earlier than me, and Keith turned on Kids CBC (a Canadian station) for him. Curious George was on, and he LOVED it! He's woken up around that time almost every day since, because he wants to watch Curious George! It's on at 7:30.

Well, sometimes Rowan gets a bit confused when he wakes up from his afternoon nap, and he thinks its morning. So, he used to ask me for breakfast. Now he asks me to watch Curious George. Problem is, he doesn't understand what TV is, since he's only really watched movies until now!

How on earth do you explain that you cannot play TV again, that it is just on at one time, and that's it? He begs me and begs me to watch Curious George, and I just about go bonkers trying to explain that we can't! I might just have to invest in the movie so we don't go through this EVERY DAY!

Curious George is such a cute movie though, so I have no problems letting Rowan watch it. It's been kind of nice that he didn't know what TV was until now. I could totally control what he's watching. But, I guess all things come to an end sometime!

On a completely different note, I'm trying to sell my Mei Tai. It's my Amy May Mei Tai. Ever since I made my own, I haven't really used that one! It's nice, but I made mine to suit me more. If anyone is interested, I would like $25 for it. It needs a good home! Here's a picture in case you don't know what it looks like:

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Hey Stacey,
I did get your package (thank you, K loves the doll!) and I will mail you a catalogue ASAP. I'm assuming that you put your address on the packaging so I will just use that. TJ LOVES C George! I have bought a DVD for TJ (there are different ones with different episodes - there is also the MOVIE but the episodes are nice b/c it is easier to turn it off sooner). I like how it is educational, like the science and math involved.

Drea said...

very cute! I got the bundleboo out today to ship it to you. :-)

u know if u dont sell it dont stress. its always nice having another mei tai around. I loan my carriers out a lot.. and I love having extras around.

I liked Amys mei tais for smaller babies. now that taites larger it doesnt work as well. But It was a great light mei tai for summer. ive loaned it out before. its back now tho :-)

Knit & Purl Mama said...

How much would shipping be on the Mei Tei? I'm interested. I live in Canada. But I'm sure it can go into a bubble envelope.

mommyknows said...

Ha! I have the same problem with Toopy Binoo.

The problem solves it self in a few months. They finally get the gist. Until then get the dvd.

Andrea said...

I just bought a mei tai or I would be very interested. =)

Erin said...

I'm interested...but then I read drea's comment about it not working as well with a bigger baby...maybe it wouldn't work as well with Noah??? I don't know...maybe it would?? LOL....if you don't get rid of it, let me know..I may get it anyhow! It's so nice :) Also, we LOVE Curious George at our house...we own the DVD and watch the cartoon on a pretty regular basis!