Monday, February 18, 2008

What's with 4am - 5am??

The past 2 nights one or both of my kids have been up from 4-5am. WHY? Saturday night it was Bria. I can understand why she was up. She has a cough, and when she's trying to fall asleep it gets really bad.

But last night it was Rowan. He came in our room 3 times and called from his bed once, all between 4 and 5 am! And then Bria also woke up just before 5, so I nursed her back to sleep. She did much better last night.

I hope this doesn't become a habit! I would lay there, almost asleep again, and then I'd hear Rowan or Bria, and have to wake up again. Over and over.

Does anyone else have trouble with their 2 year old getting up for no reason? Rowan gets up most nights, comes into our room and says, 'Mommy, put me back to bed.' It's so weird that he gets up to tell me that!

On a happier note, Bria has a little good morning message for you all! She was just so funny this morning. On Saturday she started to say 'da-da-da-da' and -'la-la-la'. I tried to capture it on video, but no such luck yet! I did get some cute pics of both kids though, and a video of Rowan "singing". Actually, there are a few videos. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Awww! That's such a cute video (and pics) I love the one of Rowan singing! And I sure hope that Rowan starts sleeping better at night for you! :)

Jobina said...

They are both so adorable!
(we had to start taking things away from Trinity to break her of that habit. Each time she'd call, unless it was to go potty, then I'd take something of hers away for a whole day. She really hated that.)

Drea said...

Caleb went thru a phase where he had a lot of bad dreams... around age 2. crying at 3am and stuff. we found that a night light helped and letting him know we could hear him downstairs... and praying that he wouldnt get scared at night.

One thing we do now is Caleb turns his pillow over if he has a bad dream, that puts the bad dreams away :-) works well

Dayna said...

i love how rowan was belting it out and then suddenly changed his mind! so nice to hear your voice, stacey- and the voices of your 2 little ones!

Bruce and Heather said...

Very cute!!

Susanna said...

yes, our two year old still wakes up in the middle of the night and calls for us....if you figure out what to do, let me know!

ONTARIO THIESSENS said...

Your kids are so cute!! Oh, how I sometimes long for those days again ~ but not the waking up in the middle of the night!

BTW, it was so sweet of Keith to get you new rings for Valentines Day ~ what a guy! I still wonder where those rings went...

~Aunt Brenda