Monday, March 24, 2008

Another Great Weekend

We had an excellent time, as usual, at Keith's parents house. We headed out on Friday morning, and made it to their house for lunch.

Rowan had a great time visiting the neighbors cows, getting tickled and chased, and just being silly :) He did get his very first black eye though. The coffee table just wouldn't get out of his way, and they had a little run-in. All is well though. I'll have to get a picture of him once my camera battery is charged. Unfortunately it was dead all weekend, so no pictures. BUT, we finally got some video of the girls and me singing together. I'm hoping that I can actually post that sometime in the next year, haha! It's been a loooong time coming.

My Father-in-law planned a really fun Easter egg hunt for us grown-up kids. We had to follow the clues to find our treats. Horray for my team! We were the first to find the treats, despite the cheating tactics of the other team (ie. KEITH FRIESEN!!!). Cheaters never prosper, right!

As usual, we enjoyed way too much food, and had a great time visiting with family. We even got to meet Keith's great aunt and uncle from BC. They are out on a road trip and decided to join the Friesen family for Easter. They own an orchard and sell the fresh produce, as well as the things they canned. They also have a restaurant on their property that serves meals prepared from their produce, though they have the restaurant leased out right now. It was fun to visit with them. They are very friendly, sweet people.

I also really enjoyed the Easter morning brunch at church. There's nothing quite like a potluck brunch! Fruit platters, Quiche, Muffins, OH YUM! Thanks to all the ladies who prepared the food. It was great to be able to visit with our friends there too. There usually just isn't enough time between Sunday School and the service to visit. It was good to see you all :)

I hope everyone had as good an Easter as we did. God bless!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Keith? Cheating? Noooooo way! haha. :) Glad you had a good Easter though!

Susanna said...

Just wanted to tell you that I tried the guacamole recipe and it was AMAZING! Adam was blown away and said he's never had such good guacamole- I thought it was pretty good too, even though I've never before had a desire to try it, but I REALLY liked it! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!