Saturday, March 15, 2008

The big 'M' in the sky

Today Keith drove me to pay for my driver's license renewal. I kind of let it slip this past week, and it should have been paid for by Tuesday night. Ooops!

I thought we could make it a fun trip out for the Rowan though, so we went to McDonald's for lunch after I paid for my drivers. He always loves the big 'M' in the sky, as he calls it. It's a special treat every once in a while (like once a month).

Today Rowan got his cheeseburger happy meal, and he happily ate his fries dipped in ketchup. I think he would be happy just eating fries, and drinking his chocolate milk! Hey, did you know that the mayor of our city likes McDonald'd too? We happened to see him while we were there. It's nice to know that even he needs a little fast food every once in a while!

We're hoping to check out the Bible Camp dinner theatre this weekend. We've been there a few times in the past, and it's always super funny and a great time! We are even going to try leaving BOTH kids for the evening! I'm excited and scared all at once. I hope Bria will be happy. Rowan always LOVES spending time with Nana and Papa, so I know he'll have a blast, but Bria is still happier when she can see mommy close by. We'll give it a try though!

3 comments:

Evi said...

Have Fun! Every once in a while we need to reclaim a bit of sanity for the sake of the little ones we love the most. It is good to feel missed sometimes, to remind us of how very much we are loved!
oh,hey,have you tried the new angus burger at the big M...kind of tastes like real food for adults...

Andrea said...

Hope you had fun at the dinner theatre! How'd it go leaving both kids? I'm sure your parents did an awesome job. :) We're actually not fans of the big M...soooo Tate might have to discover A&W...or Burger King - they have a play area! haha. :)

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Oh, there's nothing like McD's fries in ketchup! : )

Steph