Saturday, March 29, 2008

She slept through the night!!!!

I've been putting this off for too long, and Keith has been pushing me to do this for a long time. Bria is long past the point of being able to sleep through the night, and not need to nurse in the middle of the night. But, one thing or another made me reluctant to try. Either we were sick, or I was just too tired. I know some parents may not agree with letting your child cry it out, but this is why I do.

The first night (Wednesday night) Bria was very upset when I just gave her the soother at 3 am. She screamed and cried for about an hour. I did go in a few times and give her the soother again, and try to calm her, but then we would just start all over again, so I just left her after that. It was a little rough, but I think we were just ready for it.

The second night (Thursday night) Bria woke up around 3 again, I went and gave her the soother, and she only cried for about 20 minutes! Yay!

The, drum roll please, last night she didn't wake up at all! YAY YAY YAY! Time to throw a party! I haven't had a night like that since before I got pregnant with Bria. It felt so good to wake up in the morning to happy sounds from Bria. She just plays in her bed in the mornings. And, it hasn't made her wake up any earlier either.

Rowan has also been sleeping well lately. For a while he would get up sometimes multiple times at night, just to be put right back in his bed. (He would just say, 'Mommy, I need to go back in my bed.') So, hopefully this is the start of some restful nights!!

Yesterday one of the guys that Keith works with called me at noon. He asked me if I wanted to help them pull a prank on Keith. I was a little uncertain of what they wanted of me, but I agreed to help. They asked me to call Keith and tell him I was pregnant. So, I did. I don't know how I managed to do it without laughing, but Keith actually believed me! He was so calm over the phone though, and said that we would be fine, we would make it work!

I felt so bad after that. Keith called back about 2 minutes later, once the guys told him what was going on! He said that even though he sounded so calm on the phone, he was shaking and his heart rate had gone through the roof!

I won't be pulling any pranks like that again!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay! That is awesome!!! That's exactly how long it took Tate to figure out the sleeping through the night thing too - 2 nights! And then I wondered why I hadn't done it sooner!! Anyways, I'm super happy that you can sleep through the night yourself again too! :) It's really nice, huh?

The Thiessens said...

Hey...did we hear party?! Let's say, tomorrow...supper...our house :)

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

YAY!!! Good girl Bria!
Oh, its going to be hard to do that with Jilli in a few months... maybe we wont have to and she will figure it out by herself :)

- Liane

Mark said...

Oh, Stacey, allow me to say that you are a cruel woman to do what you did to Keith! Poor guy, I can only imagine what went through that mind of his. Keith, if you need someone to talk to . . . just give me a call!

Mark said...

. . . I am glad that you got your cute little girl to sleep through the night though!

Donna said...

Yep a few nights of torture hearing your sweet baby scream and the miracle of all miracles they don't wake up anymore, when I did this with my first it only took 3 nights also!!

And Bria is getting cuter and cuter!!

Bruce and Heather said...

I'm so glad Selah figured it out on her own. She just always has seemed to know that night is for sleeping.

Alyssa said...

Wow! You've got such cute kids! Great pictures! Glad to hear everyone's sleeping better...it makes such a difference, doesn't it. Hope it keeps up!

Eva Harder said...

Wow I can't believe how much your little boy has grown since I last saw him in person at Ladies Fellowship. You have beautiful kids!

OMH said...

WOW - I found where you talked about what you did to hubby....LOL - would have been funny if you said to the Pranksters - I am but want to tell him in my own way on my own time. See the tables change quickly!