Saturday, April 05, 2008

A busy weekend

This weekend we have a guest speaker at our church. It's a small Bible Conference of sorts. Bob Wilkin spoke last night, and he will be speaking twice today, and then tomorrow morning in the church service.

This guy is sooo tall! He's almost 2 meters tall. We actually have a couple men in our church who rival him in height, but that's just crazy!

Anyway, I look forward to what he has to say tonight. We'll have to miss this afternoon because of the kids naps.

Guess what! We found a car! We're not sure how much longer our 1992 Grand Prix is going to last, so we looked around a bit last weekend for something a bit newer. I'd hate for the car to die when we're traveling with the kids.

So, as of Monday we will be the new owners of a 2003 Acura TL. I can't wait to be driving that thing! Our car is not the most comfortable one ever. In fact, it's kind of nasty. But, I shouldn't complain. That car served us well for the last 5 years, with very little trouble at all. We rarely had to do anything to it. We're just not sure we want to push our luck any further!

I'll post some pictures once we bring it home. Should be fun!

For those of you who are looking for an inexpensive pouch sling, I ordered one a while ago from Drew Baby Designs. It's so summery looking! I like that there is nothing to adjust on it. It's definitely not as comfy as some of my other carriers, but that's how pouch's go I guess. There's no padding to make it cushier. But, for $20, you can't go wrong!

I tried to get a few pictures on my own, and they didn't turn out too well, and my face looks kind of scary with no makeup!

Oh, that reminds me! We just bought a new camera. The old one still works, but the battery keeps dying, and apparently a new one costs about $60! So, we bought a new camera instead. Nothing terribly fancy, but it works well for us! It's a Canon SX100 IS.

And, to end it off, here's my handsome little man, all ready for church last night, and wearing my old Popple in a sling. I just wrapped the sling around again and tucked the tail inside the rings.

7 comments:

Sheila said...

If your new Acura TL is as comfy as the new Acura MDX we took to B.C this winter, you'll never want to leave your vehicle! Is this a car or a SUV crossover?

Stacey said...

It's a car. All leather inside, heated front seats, etc. Can't wait to drive it!

Andrea said...

yay for a new vehicle! :) That's exciting. And that picture of the popple in the sling is too funny! :) I love it. Not sure why...but for some reason Jonathan and I were discussing popples the other day and he didn't have a clue what a popple was! haha. :)

Mark said...

You bought an Asian made car? Nice! I'm so happy for you! Seriously, I'm almost getting teary eyed. Enjoy your "new" car you two!

Jay Boaz said...

Is it sad I'm more excited to hear you still have a Popple than the new car?

Seriously though, congrats on the new vehicle!

Jay

Anonymous said...

@ Mark
I made a mental list of pros and cons when looking at the car. To be honest, one of the cons was..... you! :) I have argued so long and hard against Jap cars that it's hard to admit you might be right! But we'll see, if it lasts as long and runs as cheap as our beloved Pontianc we will be very happy! ( maybe even surprised! )
By the way, what year was your Honda Accord?

Keith

Marissa Fischer said...

popples! how fun I have some popples bedsheets I can decide what to make into.