Monday, April 28, 2008

This crazy life we live...

Sorry for the lack of posting lately. Life has really been taking some interesting turns.

First off, Bria is doing MUCH better, so thanks for all your prayers! Friday morning her temperature was back to normal, and she started cheering up a bit. She still is not sleeping well though, and gets up every hour from 2 or 3 til 6 in the morning! I'm very tired, and wish I could just sleep, but hey, she needs her mommy!

Now for the crazy stuff...

Friday our tenants were supposed to move out of our rental house. They did. However, it looked like all they took was their clothes. The house was a complete mess, and they had destroyed the kitchen cabinet doors. Ripped them right off! They left the fridge full of food, the cupboards full of dishes (mostly dirty) a bed, a couch, lots of magazines and posters that Keith made sure to remove before I even got to see the house (thanks Keith :) and just filth everywhere. Oh, a nice hole in the wall too.

So, since we already didn't get rent for April (that's part of the reason we kicked them out) we desperately need to get the house in order so someone can move in on May 1st! Yup, we have just a couple days to restore order.

Saturday was spent hauling loads of garbage to the dump. Oh, did I mention there were at least 30 bags of garbage in the garage too? My dad, Warren, and Keith glued the cabinet doors back on as best they could. I tried scrubbing the bathroom, but it still needs a lot of TLC, and I just don't know how I can do it with 2 kids to look after. They also smoked in the house, and I'd rather not expose my kids to that smell.

On a much happier note, Rowan has learned how to ride his bike (with training wheels). He has been waiting and waiting til the snow was gone, to see if he was big enough to ride his bike! We bought it at a garage sale last year for like $7 I think. Keith put some training wheels on for his last week, and now Rowan is officially a big boy, since he can ride his blue bike!

*He does normally wear a helmet, but Keith forgot about it that day*

13 comments:

DOMESTIC DIVA said...

I love the bike. We got our son a big boy bike from a yard sale a couple weeks back, he is in love with it.

-the Domestic Diva

BTW, thanks for commenting on my heated blog discussion.

Andrea said...

Rowan is so cute on his big boy bike! :) And that really stinks about your last renters making such an awful mess, etc.!! I wish we were closer so we could help you out with something because I know cleaning that up would be a huge job...plus looking after 2 kids keeps you busy enough too! I'm glad that Bria is starting to feel better though!!

Melanie said...

Wow, that is so sad when a renter doesn't treat the house with respect. I hope you have fantastic tenants this time around!

Mark said...

Oh guys, the stuff with your renters is brutal! I can't believe they ripped off the kitchen cabinet doors, that is just evil. Hang in there, someday when you sell that puppy it will all be worth it!

Jay Boaz said...

Well, I'm glad those renters are gone at least. Did you specify that your rental property is non-smoking? Though from the sounds of the people who were staying there they probably would have ignored a no-smoking provision anyway.

Good job on the bike Rowan!

Jay

Stacey said...

Jay,
Yes, it is very clear in our agreement that there is NO smoking aloud, and the guy even said that he doesn't smoke. Well, he could have been a little clearer, and said that he doesn't smoke cigarettes... just other things.

HeinrichIrene said...

Congratulations Rowan!!! Kian loves to ride his bike too. And I love how clean Winkler is! Kian has to ride his bike on gravel :-(

Stacey, watch out that he doesn"t escape to his grandma one day. When Lea was almost 3 she wanted to walk to her grandma (around 6 km). She didn't ask and we had to look for her. It was quiet a shock. Since then I always keep the doors locked.

I am glad that Bria feels better. I can understand how you feel. My only help is coffee :-)

Knit & Purl Mama said...

This is exactly why we sold our Duplex and bought a single family home. I hated being a landlord. I went thru 4 tenants in 2.5 years. Not fun. One set of tenants, didn't even move in, they wanted a lease so that they can prove to the courts that they had a home for a custody battle for her kids. GRRR! Had to chase for rent. I sleep 400 times better now, not being a landlord!

Jobina said...

Yeah with rentals I guess you have to weigh the good and the bad. Here's hoping that the next renters treasure the house!
Way to go Rowan! It won't take long and he'll be zooming down the street!

Drea said...

awe he is growing up so fast!! he does good. caleb still has no interest, he'd rather push

Susanna said...

I love the video of Rowan, it reminds me so much of Addison! Just completely and totally BOY.

Thanks for the note about your friend Lindsey's contest - I entered and blogged about it, just maybe I'll win something yet!

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

Good job Rowan!

Erin said...

Love the bike, Rowan will love riding it, I'm sure :D That's horrible about your previous tenants..It makes me so mad that people take advantage of others that way, and I hope that you guys will be able to clean up the mess they made and find some new tenants soon :D Oh, and by the way, I did your tag yesterday as well ;-)