Friday, May 23, 2008

A little relief would be nice

Today I go for my very first Naturopathic Doctor appointment. I'm both excited and nervous. Excited, because I am very hopeful that she will give me solutions to my eczema. Nervous because I have a feeling I'll have to change a lot in my diet, and I'm not very good at sticking to something new in my diet. There are so many 'unhealthy' foods that I like to enjoy once in a while :)

My eczema has been ragging out of control for the past month or two. It is so uncomfortable some days, I just want to hide in my house wearing a turtle neck sweater! I don't remember having it this bad since I was in Elementary School. Then my mom would slather me with my Cortisone cream, and tie tea towels around my arms so I couldn't scratch! I actually did that to myself for a few nights when it got really terrible.

My eczema went away almost totally when I was a teen. I only had a bad patch around my eyes (which is an awful place to get it, not cortisone cream is safe there!). Even our first few years of marriage had only a few flare ups. This year has been SO terrible though. It's time to get this under control.

This is what my eczema looks like right now, and there are patches like this all over my neck, chest, thigh, arms, and hands. Can you say FIRE!!!!
Anyway, if you read this in the morning, could you pray that the appointment would go well and that I would find a solution? Thanks so much!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh...that looks awful! I will pray that they can find a solution today!! An easy one would be nice, huh? :) Call me some night when you're free. :) I tried calling last night again, but you were probably out on a hot date with Keith, right? hehe.

Sheila said...

Oh that looks uncomfortable. I remember when Zach had it like that when he was a baby. He looked like a burn victim!
Surely there's got to be a natural product out there for you. All
the best with your appointment.
Just a note, Thiessen Father's Day gathering is at our house sunday, June 15th for supper. Are you here or going to Keith's parents. I need to know for planning the meal. Can you let me know either way?
Thanks.

Jay Boaz said...

Ouch. I get eczema flare-ups myself (inbetween my fingers right now, not a pleasant place to have it), some that have looked like what you have, but not in so many places! I hope you find the solution!

Jay

anita said...

hey Stacey. i hope your appt. went well. i was also wondering if you could email me the name of the group that sings the song you've got playing on your blog. i absolutely LOVE it! thanks.

Stacey said...

Hey Anita! I don't have your email address, but the song is by Casting Crowns. Awesome band!

Lindsey Dueck said...

That looks sooooooo painful! I feel awful for you. I will pray that the doctor will be able to help!

Elaine said...

How was you appointment going? I keep praying for you!

Surprised Suburban Wife said...

I just found you through a babywearing blog and OUCH eczema sucks. I had it as a kid and it came back STRONG almost as soon as I had my baby in December,2007, but only on my hands. You have my sympathy, because that hot raw itchy pain is just awful. Good luck with the ND.

Jamy said...

Hey Stacey, hoping your appt went well. I don't know about eczema, cause I've never had it, but it sure doesn't look comfortable. Hopefully you won't be on some crazy diet. I know I wouldn't be able to follow that...lol.

FinaDrea said...

ouch!! poor thing.. the one in the inner elbow is like the kind i had for a while. it actually got so bad that it took my skins pigment away where the rash was. I tan really fast and get very dark.. it looks like im part gringo (aka white) on that arm haha. i joke about it. doesnt bother me much since its in the crease.. but its permanent i think...

the thing thats helped me are natural soaps (thelotetree) is all I use now. and a special lotion ceravel? i think thats the name, i forget.

EvaH said...

Hey Stacey - I feel for you. Our 10 year old boy has eczema all over this legs and has been through several allergie testings. So far they have not really found anything (he was allergic to eggs but we took care of that with homeopathics) and they said we could come back anytime we would like to test for more.
We try to do the dairy free thing to and also use rice milk - we love it. It is hard though because he loves cheese and icecream (so he is not always dairy free).
I did order the pumpkin soap and cocoa butter mentioned on another blog and he started it yesterday.
One thing I find works for him is wearing shorts in the summer - cures the eczema for a few months - his skin loves the sun.