Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My stash

Well, I just have to join in on this babywearing post of Steph's!!

Since I just got back from my demonstration, it's all fresh in my mind anyway. Babywearing was first introduced to me by my two 'Andreas'!! Haha. Andrea and Drea both had their part in showing me the wonderful world of babywearing, and I thank them LIKE CRAZY!!!

When I was expecting Bria, I just couldn't figure out how on earth parents managed with more than one child. I didn't think I would ever keep them happy, or be able to get anything done.

I use my mei tais almost daily, for stuff like doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning up, and pretty much anything else!

I use my ring slings for walking outside or to the grocery store.

I use my pouch mostly for shopping or quick trips out. My new solarveil pouch will come in very handy this summer at the pool.

They each have their place, and I'm open to lending them out too.

Most of my carriers are made by me, so no fancy name brands. I would LOVE to own a Kozy Carrier or Babyhawk mei tai, as well as a name brand sling or pouch. Maybe one day...

For now though, my love of babywearing is something that I want to share with everyone, and I wish I could keep doing it forever. Too bad babies grow up :(

Here's a stash picture, with one missing. I loaned it out this morning.
Back row: 2 mei tais ~ I made both of them. One is Scandi style, and the other is my own pattern, kind of like a Kozy Carrier.
Middle row: Bundleboo woven wrap (on loan from Drea), Sleepy Wrap (a gift from Andrea :)
Front row: Solarveil pouch (made by me), Drew Baby Designs Pouch, Ring Sling (made by me), Stretchy wrap (made by me)

Here's the sling I loaned out (It's from Micki's Wing Etsy Shop)

Here's the sling I gave away this morning (made by me)

I think my favorite carrier is definitely my navy mei tai. It gets the most use anyway. I also use my Drew Baby pouch a lot. It's so easy to use when I'm in a hurry.

I would love to try a German wrap, like a Didymos (Drea said the same thing :). My friend Elaine has one, so I might get to try it sometime. She helped me with my babywearing demonstration this morning, so I just want to say thanks! It's fun to have a friend who understands me.

You can check out other babywearing posts by checking out Steph's post.

8 comments:

Miche said...

That is so awesome you made your own slings!! How did you learn or find patterns? Would you be willing to share your patterns for a mei tai or ring sling? I really want to try a Mei Tai, and a ring, but I cant afford one of the nice ones I've seen online-making them would be a great way to try it out without spending lots of money!

DesignHER Momma said...

what a great stash!!! Congrats to you for making your own too...I'm not that handy!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I'm impressed with your sling making skillz!

Steph

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

I want to make myself a pouch sling yet! Maybe you can give me a hand with that?

I thought the presentation was great!

-Liane

half pint pixie said...

I am so impressed at your sling-making skills! And I love the green one, gorgeous colour :)

Danielle said...

GReat post! I would LOVE a Didymos. I love the sling you made. Very cool!

Jay Boaz said...

If you're out this way visiting Keith's parents and want to do a demonstration in Riverton let me know and I'll set it up!

Jay

Susanna said...

Hi Stacey!
I really want to find a good sling to use for Jaden, so what would you recommend? I know how much you and Andrea love them and I really want to try it too, but just don't know what would be the best. I had one for Addison that I borrowed, but don't have it anymore. Any suggestions would be great!