Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This & That

Wow! It's been a long time since I posted! Thanks for all your comments on my last post. It was actually pretty civil :)

This past weekend we decided to try our garage sale again. The weekend before was pretty cold and not a lot of people came. I made enough money to order myself a sewing machine, which is awesome! It won't be the fanciest one around, but I think it will get the job done. Now if only I could wait patiently until it gets here! It's supposed to arrive on the 29th. I bought it here, from Sears.Sunday it was so nice out. We had a barbecue for lunch and ate outside. Then we were at my parents house for supper for another barbecue! We had a little farewell party for my cousin who has been staying with my parents for a month or so. We even sat around the fire that night. Mmmm... I love it when the weather gets nicer!*Rowan waiting for lunch.......Me trying to hide myself behind my burger......Rowan eating a pickle*

*Bria all dressed up for church*

Yesterday I borrowed Heather's sewing machine to work on a few projects. First I sewed my Solarveil pouch sling. I made it to use at the pool/lake. The fabric is 98% UV protectant, and it's a light weight mesh, so it dries super fast. I can't wait to try it out!

Next I sewed a ring sling. I think I'm going to give this one away at our moms group next week when I do my babywearing demonstration. It's super long. I'm not sure why I made it so long, but I guess whoever gets it can trim it and hem it to the right length. It's a really wild print!

The last thing that I started, but didn't finish is a Mei Tai. So far I have everything cut out, and the straps sewn. I wanted to have an extra to loan out if anyone wants to try a Mei Tai. The funny looking fleece on top of the straps is for the padding. I figured I'd use up some scraps:) The front panel is also fabric that I already had from the first Mei Tai that I made. Next time I'll use something new!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I sure wish I was better with a sewing machine..I would be making myself a ring sling and a solarveil...they are so cute..you did a great job :-) You are one talented lady!!!

Jamy said...

You have one handsome little man there :-)