Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Busy weekend

Well, you're probably wondering where I disappeared to for the past week! We took off Friday afternoon to Keith's parents place. We had a family auction sale and a friend's wedding to attend.

Bria is still not a great traveler. She cried quite a bit on our trip, but really, what can you do!! We basically tried everything. Rowan is always happy though. He just doesn't fall asleep in the car as easily as he used to.

Saturday was the auction sale AND the wedding. Keith spent the morning at the auction sale, and then we quickly got ready and headed to the wedding, with both kids. Note to self... babies do not like weddings. Babies become VERY needy at weddings. Another note to self... make a pouch sling that matches my dress for the next wedding we have to attend. It would make life so much easier!

The wedding was so beautiful! Dahlen and Chantal looked great, the wedding went smoothly, and the reception was really touching. Chantal and her dad have a great relationship, and it was so obvious at the wedding. Lots of tears :)

Rowan had lots of fun with the Friesens. He played guitar, read tons of stories, played soccer, threw a frisbee, and even tried on auntie Michelle's shoes! Oh, and he loved the swing. Yup, a baby swing!

Yesterday I also had a chance to visit with my friend Amy. We only see each other a couple times a year, but its always a great time. Our babies loved each other, and Bria had a great time playing with the girls' toys. Something new is always a ton of fun!

Keith also had today, and tomorrow off of work, so today was a relaxing day. Turned out to be really windy and rainy, so we didn't do a whole lot. Keith did mow the lawn (which looked like a jungle already!) and we cleaned up a few messes in the house. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little nicer!

Oh, and today was my second babywearing demonstration. It was AWESOME! I had a ton of fun, and met some new moms there. I was kind of nervous when I first got there, and my stomach was doing these weird twists and turns. Once I started talking though, I just totally relaxed and had a great time. The moms there were really interested too, and some of them were already wearing their babies at home, which was great to hear!

And, some even COOLER news! Vera, the public health nurse that I worked with, is revamping the prenatal classes at our local hospital, and she asked if I would like to talk about babywearing at prenatal classes! HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!!! So, we're going to talk about it, and figure out how it would all work. I'm so excited!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like you've been busy! And how fun that you got to see Amy! I miss her too. Yep, I got your present that you sent with my parents...thanks so much! I looove them, and it is the first pair of girly footwear that we own. :) And I'm totally excited for you too about getting to do more talks, etc. about babywearing! Yay!! Babywearing rocks! And believe me...Emily has been in the wrap EVERY day since we came home - more than once a day usually! :)

Bruce and Heather said...

Wow, Rowan looks so big in those pictures! And what nice frisby-throwing form:)

Jay Boaz said...

I was hoping Rowan would be awake a little more at our place; I haven't had many opportunities to play with him. At least Bria and I got to make faces at each other!

Jay

Jobina said...

I was listening to your blog, yet again, and thought I should tell you that I use your blog as my "radio" at home! Thanks!