Monday, June 09, 2008

Flylady and Bria's first haircut!

Today I did something that I have needed to do for a long time. I scrubbed my kitchen sinks til they shone. I've been pretty disgusted by how grimy they looked, so I decided to finally get down to it!
I also signed up at flylady.com, which is an awesome place to help you start keeping your house clean and organized without losing your mind! I've found it to be more encouraging than discouraging, which is good. I tend to get overwhelmed with things really quickly, and then I just throw in the towel and give up.

We've actually been talking about this very topic at Women's Breakaway at church, and it was suggested to check out flylady.

The very first task when you sign up at flylady is to scrub your kitchen sink! There are instructions too, if you don't know where to start. I love how sparkly clean my sinks look now!

I hope this will be a great place for me to get the extra kick in the pants everyday. I need that extra motivation!

So, a lot of people have been asking me if I would ever cut Bria's hair, since it looked so 'interesting'. I didn't want to though, because I figured that it would just grow out and I would trim it when it got longer.

Well, my mom convinced me to give her a trim the other day. I'm still not sure if I like my decision. I miss Bria's little wings :( But, I like how her hair looks fuller now. And it's even and clean cut, instead of flying away and whispy. Here's a few pictures of the process. Tell me what you think.
Before ~ notice the 'wings'

Getting ready to make the first cut!

There it is!

What if I don't like it?!

Sitting nice (at least for a few seconds:)

All Done!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

She looks very cute in her new hair-do! :) I cut Tate's hair again today too...it's so much easier to decide when to give a boy a haircut than when to give a girl a haircut though, isn't it? :)

Dianna said...

I def. like the new look on her bestest:]

Jamy said...

Good job with the haircut. I had a hard time cutting Cadens hair the first time too, but I finally gave in. He also had the 'wings' and he's a boy so its not the best thing. The haircut just makes them look so much older. Side note: I love the tile behind your sink.

Ellen said...

I totally love her new haircut.. it totally suits her!! maybe I should check out that website and give myself a kick in the pants to get going :)

Drea said...

love her lil hair cut! awe.. so cute!! fly lady is awesome.. i just need to find time to really look into her site more :-)

I think we have the same pampered chef cookie rack

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

Love her expressions!

Susanna said...

aaw, I think it's so cute! I think if I had a girl I would want to cut her hair all the time...I did that with my barbies when I was a kid, but it's just not the same as a real person!