Thursday, June 19, 2008

Re-upholster?

After having sick kids all over my living room furniture for the past week, it's time to clean it up. Thankfully our couch cushions have removable, washable covers. I just throw them in the washer with hot water, detergent, and a bit of bleach. The covers are easy to clean, but the bases of the couches are so stained already.
Yup, I have off-white colored couches, which was fine with no kids, but YIKES do they ever get dirty with little ones around!!

I've been thinking about getting our couches re-upholstered. I'd like to do leather, since I have dust allergies. I'm just not sure how easy it is to get couches re-upholstered, or if it is even worth it. Does is end up costing as much as a new set?

I'm going to have to look into it. For now, I'll just keep on washing :)

Oh, and here's a little video of Bria and her amazing tongue. I've been trying to capture this on camera for a long time!

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

I remember what a chore it was to clean that sofa last year...it seems so long ago:) But it's always nice to have things looking and smelling fresh, isn't it? Good for you!

Great video of Bria...so enthusiastic!

Jay Boaz said...

I kept expecting Bria to smash her face into the camera! Glad to see that didn't happen. :)

Jay

Andrea said...

Sooo, is everyone feeling better today? I hope so...flu's are no fun! And that video of Bria is SO cute! ;) She is looking so grown up!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

We JUST got rid of our off-white couches. NOT a good mix with three kids and three dogs. Ugh. It ended up being cheaper for us to get a whole new set- but our old couches were SO comfy- I wish we could have had them re-done! We did find a super comfy leather set that has worked out great, by the way.

Steph

Lindsey Dueck said...

OH no! I have offwhite couches too! They are leather so you can just wipe them down, but they get filthy so fast with just us, never mind when we have kids!

3 for Me!! said...

yuck...I can't stand the stomach flu....

But I love my old couch... my in-laws gave it to us when we got married and they have had it since my husband was a little tyke. It's not the style or colors I wold have chosen BUT the covers can come off and be washed!!! WONDERFUL with three little ones:) And two little ones needing to be potty trained:)

Hope you guys feel better soon:) And that you don't catch it.... for sure:)