Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Haircut...

I have a hair appointment booked for Friday morning with my favorite stylist. She's one of my closest friends from high school. I love going to the salon where she works, because it's a great place to chat and catch up on what we've been doing.

My biggest problem is deciding what to do with my hair though! Believe it or not, it's been almost a year since I had my hair cut, and it's getting too long for my liking! Basically it's just getting too damaged and unmanageable.
So what do you think? What should I do? I don't think I want to do anything drastic, but I'd like a change. My hair is very fine and thin, and has NO body to it at all. In the pictures it might look like it does, but that's only because I put it up when it wasn't totally dry.

I thought I'd answer Andrea's question from my previous post right away. She asked:

'What's your story on how and why you came a stay at home mom? Was that always your plan?'

I think for as long as I can remember, since I was in high school for sure, my plan was to either be a missionary and work in orphanages, or be a stay at home mom. Obviously I chose the second option :)

I did go to Bible School for a year after high school. That is where I met Keith :) We both only went for one year, and then he went home to work for a year and I went to Banff, Alberta to work for a few months before going home to teach at a private school for a year.

We got married July 26, 2003, and I moved to where Keith's family lives. At that time, we weren't planning on having kids for a while, so I worked part time at a day care. When we moved about a year and a half later (we now live by my family) I got pregnant almost right away. I did work for about 6 months at a day care here before I had Rowan.

So, kids were always in my plan, whether I was staying home with my own, or working with someone else's children.

~If anyone else has a question for me, I'd love to answer it!! This was kind of fun.~

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for answering my question! That was fun. As for your hair - I have the thickest, craziest hair ever so it's hard to tell someone with fine hair. My sister has fine hair and she got a bob, with side bangs, a little longer in front and a little shorter in back, not drastic though or layered up. She looks super cute. Just an idea.

Andrea said...

Wow! Your hair really has gotten long. ;) I have no hair style ideas though...because as you know, I've always had the same hair style...long. Except for the time you cut my hair and layered it! haha. :) I still think it's really funny that my mom didn't even notice for over a week...obviously it wasn't that bad of a haircut! Anyways, you should post about how you and keith met...I don't think you've done that yet, have you? I already know the story of course...but it'd be fun to read it again. :)

Stam House said...

a little shorter could be nice but do you mind not being able to have then in a ponytail when it get hot and humide?

Susanna said...

I agree with Andrea's comment too - the first one. I like that style, and need to do something like that for myself...but I'm kind of liking the fact that I can just put it up in a ponytail...very nice for the summer!
Oh, as far as questions: Here are just a few, you don't have to answer them all! How did you end up at NBC (NBI back then)? Or what made you decide to go there? Was it love at first sight for you and Keith? How did you choose the names for your kids?

Drea said...

I dont know .. but I think you'd be cute w/ a hair cut like KATES :-)

http://mylifeasamom-kate.blogspot.com/

I just got mine cut today. just a trim. ill post pics maybe.

Blogger said...

There's an exclusive new opportunity that is gaining rapid popularity online.

Big companies are paying average people just for giving their opinions!

You can collect up to $75 per survey!

This is available to anybody from any country!