Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Questions, round 2

Andrea asked me to share the story of how Keith and I met. Of course, she knows the story better than anyone else, other than Keith and me :) We were roommates at Bible School back then.

It all began with the first day of classes at NBI (now NBC). Our very first class of the day, our prof was going through the class, trying to learn names and who was connected to who, etc. I was looking around too, and happened to notice the 'cute guy that came with Matthew'. I knew who Matthew was through a friend of mine, and I knew he was coming with a friend from home. So, I guess you could say it was love at first sight :)

I remember talking to Andrea in our dorm room later in the week, and I told Andrea that there was a guy that I thought I really liked. She guessed Keith right away. She's always so good at reading my mind!

Anyway, so Keith and I spent a lot of time talking while we did group activities, and went hiking with some of the other students. I found out he had a sister named Stacey, and I figured this was a sign that I shouldn't date him. Not sure why I was looking for a reason to avoid Keith, but maybe it was because I had never dated anyone before, and I was a little scared of it all :)

Keith and I hung out a lot over the next couple of months, and I kept waiting for him to ask me out. I thought for sure he would ask me out on my birthday (November 13) but no such luck for me! He asked me out on November 27, 2001, and the rest is history!! Hahaha...

So, that's a bit of our story.

Susanna asked:
How did you end up at NBC (NBI back then)?
Well, this is a good question! (Susanna and I were at NBC at the same time). When I was in grade 12, I was determined to go to Bible School somewhere, but I was pretty sure it was going to be a big school somewhere like Briercrest. That year was also the year that my best friend, Andrea, was enjoying her first year at NBC. I thought for sure I would NEVER go there, because it was too small, and I didn't want to depend on my friend while at school.

So, somehow, with lots of prayer and considering my options, I ended up choosing NBC! I still am not really sure why, but I'm glad I did :)

Was it love at first sight for you and Keith?
See my answer to Andrea's question :)

How did you choose the names for your kids?
Hmmm... When I was pregnant with Rowan, I read through a few name books, but it was so hard to find anything I really liked for a boys name. I finally had decided on Kaden I think, but then someone in church had a little boy named Kaden, so I scratched that off the list. I kept reading, and finally decided on either Rowan or Kieran. We waited until Rowan was born until we finally decided on Rowan Seth.

Bria was one of our girls name from when I was pregnant with Rowan. I just loved it as soon as I read it. I also liked Marynn, and wanted to use it for a first name, but it ends in 'n' like Rowan, so I decided to use it as a middle name instead. Marynn was a name that I heard while I was in Bible School. There was this adorable little girl in the church we went to that was named Marin or something like that. I never actually heard anyone pronounce her name, so I just made it up.

5 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

I remember hearing about Rowan being born...when I asked what the name was, I was told "Roland". Somewhere along the way someone heard it wrong. :) I was corrected by someone later (who said that I wasn't the first person who had been told his name was Roland).

Jay

Andrea said...

Yep...I knew you liked Keith from the start - because you couldn't stop looking at him when he was playing his rockin' bass in chapel! haha...just kidding. ;) Anyways, I'm so happy you 2 got together...AND I'm totally happy that you decided to come to NBI too!

Stam House said...

Thanks for sharing I love learning more about the life behind the blogger

Susanna said...

Thanks for answering my questions! It's interesting that so many of us have met our spouses at NBC...not that we were specifically looking, but I guess we just ended up in the right place at the right time! It's a good thing!

Andrea said...

Fun fun!!! I like this question thing! =)