Thursday, July 03, 2008

Sharing the love

This afternoon I had a friend over. This is someone that I met in high school, and we never really hung out or anything, but we would chat in choir every once in a while. But, of course, there is always something that unites us as women, and that is babies :) Tiffany is due with her first baby at the end of August.

She was interested in making a baby carrier, so I invited her over to see mine. I'm not usually so outgoing, but I figured I had to share my love of babywearing :)

We discussed cloth diapers too, and I showed her my new gdiapers. Anyone who is concerned about the environment, but wants to use 'disposable' diapers, should check into these. They are really neat, and you can use the covers with prefolds too. They come with flushable, biodegradable inserts. If you live close by, and would like to purchase them, you can find them in town in the mall (I asked them to order them in for me at the Health Habit), or in Winnipeg you can find them at Humbolt's Legacy, Organza Market, and Eat It.

Anyway, it was so fun to share a few things that I am passionate about, and I look forward to doing this again sometime. Hopefully Tiffany wasn't too scared off by my hyper kids!! Bria has been getting into EVERYTHING these days! She's such a busy little girl. Rowan was good, but he needed some attention with bleeding mosquito bites and a snack.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

You know what is super wierd?? I just clicked on the link to Tiffany's site from your podt and I think I know her too! I'm pretty sure I went to school with her in Morden and then she switched to Winkler...very weird...but cool! Maybe I'll leave a comment onher blog and see if she remebers me...

Drea said...

Ive always wondered how the gdiapers were. they are cute. ive seen these at wholefoods near my moms house. maybe ill pick up a set since taites diaper issues are so bad. im selling 8 new bg 3.0s soon.

The Stiffs said...

Thanks again for having me over! It was so great to see all this stuff in person.
Have a good day!!

Andrea said...

You won at Apples and Oranges!! Sorry to ruin the surprise if you haven't heard already...but I'm so totally EXCITED (and a teensy bit jealous! haha) that you won! Yay!!! You havta tell me what you won...because there were so many great prizes!! Congrats! Really...I'm totally excited that you won!!! (as if you can't tell! haha)

Stam House said...

Wow those diapers sound like a nice alternative to disposable!do they cost much?

We are using prefold cost is was the best cost wise

Ellen said...

I also, have wondered how gdiapers worked.. I am wondering if it's something try with Kaelyn. Do they flush well? I would not want to always be dealing with toilet plugging up! check out my new contest