Thursday, July 10, 2008

Weeds

As much as I love having fresh veggies from our garden, I really dislike taking care of it. Yeah, I know, that sounds pretty lazy (which is a whole other topic I could post about). Truth is, I am pretty lazy about it.

Yesterday I finally decided to get out and just start weeding. We have these nasty weeks that pretty much take over the whole garden. If you don't pull every tiny piece of it out, it just spreads and grows back. Yuck.


*First and second pictures show the weeds, and the third one is the small patch of the garden that I weeded!

I got down on my hands and knees, and in an hour, I barely made a dent! It was crazy. Maybe this afternoon I'll get another chance to go out there, but it really is a daunting task!

I just have to remind myself of the yummy salsa and pickles and pizza sauce that will be the result of my hard work :)

6 comments:

Stam House said...

I hate weeding too! but love the final product so much.

This summer my husband did most of the weeding cause I felt to sick that was such a blessing!

Mom said...

I know just how you feel Stacey...I used to take a 5-gallon pail to pull those nasty weeds...didn't take long and it was full!
You will love the fresh produce!

Andrea said...

Good luck with those nasty weeds...you need my parents to come and weed...they did wonders to my weed infested garden!

Sheila said...

You should hire Zach to come pull weeds. He's an expert at that now. He even has a fancy hoe. ;)

Andrea said...

Oooh.. I would come and help you if I lived closer. I don't mind weeding if I have someone to talk to while doing it. My mom has always had a HUGE garden and I hated weeding it though - so if I had a big garden it'd probably go up in weeds. LOL!!! My hubby and I weeded our driveway yesterday - you know the cracks between the cement that always manage to get weeds. LOL!

Dianna said...

I"m with you on the weeding part. But in a spiritual sense isn't that the way it is in our lives also?