Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Thinking Happy Thoughts

I know I've been terrible with blogging lately. Who wants to read about my lousy diet any way. So, today I will recap a few things that I've missed in the past week or so :) Just happy things!

First of all, Bruce & Heather have been watching Bruce's nephew, Ashton, for the past week. So, that means that Rowan has had a friend to play with almost everyday. How awesome is that! We would love it if Ashton could stay with Heather all the time, but for now play dates are tons of fun :)We missed Bria's birthday, which was celebrated on Friday with our family, and then on Sunday with my whole family. She's such a sweetie :) She's also learned a new thing this past week... she can stand by herself! Now, this might not be a big deal for a one year old. Plenty of younger babies learn how to stand. But, Bria was always content to sit, until she learned to crawl. Now she's on her way to walking! On Saturday and Sunday she took one or two steps, which was so exciting! I can't believe she's almost walking.Bria got a few small gifts from us. For Rowan's first birthday we bought him his own SIGG bottle, so we bought Bria a pink Klean Kanteen for her birthday. We also bought 3 play silks. They are basically squares of silk that are hand dyed in pretty colors. They are great toys for the imagination. They can be capes, baby blankets, or pirate 'head rags' like we did. Rowan loves them more than Bria right now, but I'm sure she'll think of a million things to do with them yet!Oh, and this morning, both of my munchkins were drumming. They looked so cute drumming together on the couch, I just had to get a picture :)So, there are a few of the happier moments of the past week or so. And just a side note, I did make some pancakes today that were very yummy :) I used a premix though. At least they were edible!!

4 comments:

Stam House said...

those picture are adorable!!! and almost walking you go little girl!!!! walking is so much fun!!! the drumming session sound like fun too and birthdays!!!! wow lot's was going on!

Mom said...

I wondered how long it would take Bria to get in on the action over there. I love the way she wiggles and bobs her head when she hears music :)

Tornado said...

it's really cute when they're learning how to stand. the last time i saw my nephew that's what he was doing, so who knows what he'll be doing the next time i see him.

Wendy said...

Don't ya just love when the kiddos actually play together:) The drumming photo is adorable!